Sponsored

Connection Lost message on Rivian App: “Connection lost. Get close to your vehicle and make sure your phone’s Bluetooth is on.”

rivianUGA

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon
I’ve never seen this before. But we took a 350 Mile trip and when I arrived last night, I started seeing this message in my app. “Connection lost. Get close to your vehicle and make sure your phone’s Bluetooth is on.”

I have it charging and was trying to see the status of the charge.
Anybody ever had this issue? Or got any info on what is causing? Or tips on fixing it?
Sponsored

Underwhirled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, RIT
Occupation
Architect
I’ve never been able to screen capture or read that message for more than a second, but I have seen it flash by as I open the app a couple of times.

domoplaytime

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adventure
Clubs

I saw this message for a day straight while trying to spy on my vehicle while it was at the Service Center. I think it may have been in a deep sleep while they performed repairs. In your case perhaps your vehicle had a spotty internet connection via 4G or wifi?

OP
OP

rivianUGA

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon
I did the hard reboot and it came back. I think something got out of whack when I charged at a dc fast charger. I noticed last night when I was charging level two it was still showing the speeds of the previous charge. Was really odd. Hard reboot fixed both. Not sure why/how charging would have caused the connectivity glitch. But it sure seems that it did.

Sponsored

OP
OP

rivianUGA

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon
* I’ve DC fast charged before. And have about 11k miles on the truck. So whatever happened was a new issue. Anyway…..

Phrogz

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
phrogz.net
Vehicles
'66 Ford Jeep, '01 SLK 32AMG, '10 Wrangler, '19 Q7
Occupation
Autonomous Driving Software
FWIW I've had this twice in the past two days. Drove to dinner last night, parked, and then couldn't warm up the truck or do anything else from the restaurant because it lost the connection. Drove home and it must have synced, because this morning I was able to remotely warm it up. Now about I'm about to out for errands and again it's "lost" the connection, and I can't pre-warm. Brr. Grr.

I'll have to try rebooting the vehicle. (Kinda wish it would reboot itself periodically so I don't have to waste my own time doing it just to ward off bugs.)

Last edited:

MoreTrout

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired USN
I get this nearly 100% of the time when I'm at my camp. I'm assuming it's because AT&T has a very weak signal here. My phone has Verizon which is great, but I remembered when my friend was here with his phone on AT&T he couldn't use it. So my guess is the truck can't get a strong enough signal from AT&T. At least I have a mud room at camp and the truck is parked on the other side of the wall, so I can get close enough to it without having to go outside.

Jnz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Jeep Wrangler, Tesla Model X
Clubs

Old thread, but in my case, it wasn’t the truck. I restarted my phone and the app connection came right back. Haven’t seen the Connection Lost page since.

computertom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Bronco Raptor, '80 911 SC
I've seen it about 5 times since updating the app this week. Restarting my phone to see if that helps. PAAK has also been a new level of dismal...

Sponsored

ersiny

First Name
Ersin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-PACE, '22 Rivian R1T, 04 Infiniti G35
Occupation
HSE Manager
For me, software restart fixed the problem, -While in Park, hold the far left and far right buttons on the steering wheel for about 15 seconds.

Taco Corp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

I did the hard reboot and it came back. I think something got out of whack when I charged at a dc fast charger. I noticed last night when I was charging level two it was still showing the speeds of the previous charge. Was really odd. Hard reboot fixed both. Not sure why/how charging would have caused the connectivity glitch. But it sure seems that it did.
Same thing happened to me this past weekend. Used the fast charger then parked about 45 mins later. Went to double check if the doors had locked after I'd walked away and saw that. Quit and restarted the app and that cleared it.

Road trip later this week with a lot of fast charging to come so will be interested to see if this problem comes back or not.
Sponsored