Connection Lost message on Rivian App: “Connection lost. Get close to your vehicle and make sure your phone’s Bluetooth is on.”

rivianUGA

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon
I’ve never seen this before. But we took a 350 Mile trip and when I arrived last night, I started seeing this message in my app. “Connection lost. Get close to your vehicle and make sure your phone’s Bluetooth is on.”

I have it charging and was trying to see the status of the charge.
Anybody ever had this issue? Or got any info on what is causing? Or tips on fixing it?

Underwhirled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, RIT
Occupation
Architect
I’ve never been able to screen capture or read that message for more than a second, but I have seen it flash by as I open the app a couple of times.

domoplaytime

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adventure
I saw this message for a day straight while trying to spy on my vehicle while it was at the Service Center. I think it may have been in a deep sleep while they performed repairs. In your case perhaps your vehicle had a spotty internet connection via 4G or wifi?

OP
OP

rivianUGA

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon
I did the hard reboot and it came back. I think something got out of whack when I charged at a dc fast charger. I noticed last night when I was charging level two it was still showing the speeds of the previous charge. Was really odd. Hard reboot fixed both. Not sure why/how charging would have caused the connectivity glitch. But it sure seems that it did.

OP
OP

rivianUGA

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon
* I’ve DC fast charged before. And have about 11k miles on the truck. So whatever happened was a new issue. Anyway…..