First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Looks like a panel that either folds like a bi-fold door, or hinges down.
I suppose. A bi-fold just doesn't make sense to me, and the way it has two panels seems weird to fold down as a single unit. When I was reading @DuckTruck description I had assumed it slid left to right, but that doesn't seem like what it does based on the pic. Guess we'll see!

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I suppose. A bi-fold just doesn't make sense to me, and the way it has two panels seems weird to fold down as a single unit. When I was reading @DuckTruck description I had assumed it slid left to right, but that doesn't seem like what it does based on the pic. Guess we'll see!
lateral accordion door makes sense, but I see what looks like a little handle or button at the top of it in the picture, which makes me think it folds down....which is not an uncommon arrangement for these things.

I'm sure we'll get the Full Bruce on it from duck soon.

OP
OP
DuckTruck

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

@DuckTruck - Thanks for sharing. Did you happen to catch if there's a way to secure something from sliding around inside the Gear Tunnel? Or on the Gear Tunnel Shuttle?
No. Nothing official. I just assume I'll pack it in such a way to get the cooler right in the middle. I'm no loner, but I'll likely use that feature only as a party trick on Game Day, which will likely be the one time I'll have a full vehicle on a 100-mile trip each way to tailgate at Autzen Stadium to watch my beloved Ducks play football.

Don't get me wrong, it is a great feature, just one I'll likely save for special events, especially since I won't be in the back seat often. However, it is one more arrow in my quiver for trying to lure the F-150 owners in my life to come over to the right side...the bright side of the road.

Tip of the fedora to Van "The Man" Morrison for that line....

Sponsored

OP
OP
DuckTruck

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Correct, it slides up and down, rather than laterally to reveal and cover the opening (shrouded?) into the tunnel.

Thanks, Babbuino, for posting the pic! I edited my original post to show you found the pic we needed.

Nice teamwork! ???

Last edited:

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Correct, it slides up and down, rather than laterally to reveal and cover the opening (shrouded?) into the tunnel.

Thanks, Babbuino, for posting the pic!
Am I correct in seeing it as two panels, or does it have more segments?

Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T!
Clubs

No. Nothing official. I just assume I'll pack it in such a way to get the cooler right in the middle. I'm no loner, but I'll likely use that feature only as a party trick on Game Day, which will likely be the one time I'll have a full vehicle on a 100-mile trip each way to tailgate at Autzen Stadium to watch my beloved Ducks play football.

Don't get me wrong, it is a great feature, just one I'll likely save for special events, especially since I won't be in the back seat often. However, it is one more arrow in my quiver for trying to lure the F-150 owners in my life to come over to the right side...the bright side of the road.

Tip of the fedora to Van "The Man" Morrison for that line....
Was also thinking about keeping stuff from banging around when we go into Drift mode, lol.

I see your Ducks and my Dawgs are scheduled to play to open next year. Assuming I'm not getting mine for this season, which means that might be my first adventure in full tailgate mode.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Sponsored

OP
OP
DuckTruck

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Was also thinking about keeping stuff from banging around when we go into Drift mode, lol.

I see your Ducks and my Dawgs are scheduled to play to open next year. Assuming I'm not getting mine for this season, which means that might be my first adventure in full tailgate mode.
Sounds like a possible mass-Riviot sighting waiting to happen. Like the line out of Ghostbusters, "Human Sacrifice! Dawgs 'n Ducks, living together! Mass Hysteria!"

https://www.google.com/search?q=Bil...ate=ive&vld=cid:5943b107,vid:-9NMt42il4Q,st:0

The first time I heard that line in the movie, I thought... "Apple Cup!" For those who don't know, that is the game between the Washington Huskies and the Washington State Cougars.

Think how much fun we could have making a video of peace and harmony in the college football world to send to the folks at Rivian. If we can make that happen, World peace can't be far away.

Of course, we'd have to make the video before the game. After that, all bets are off!
?

Last edited:

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I see your Ducks and my Dawgs are scheduled to play to open next year.
Hopefully my Aggies will see those Dawgs in the SEC Championship this year. If so, looks like I'll be making the trip to Atlanta.

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
I'm a bit surprised over the surprise people have over this revelation? Lots of cars and SUVs have pass-through holes hidden behind center arm rests, to allow long items to overfill into the cabin, or for a rear passenger to grab something from the trunk/cargo area. It's hardly unique or special.
It’s news to me, never seen that option in a pickup before, obviously because there was no gear tunnel in another truck before, so I think it’s awesome. Why the saltiness?

thibbitts

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 FJ cruiser 2018 4runner
Hopefully my Aggies will see those Dawgs in the SEC Championship this year. If so, looks like I'll be making the trip to Atlanta.
Hopefully you will have your R1S by then. If not by then maybe in time for when the Aggies go to the National Championship game!

OP
OP
DuckTruck

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Hopefully you will have your R1S by then. If not by then maybe in time for when the Aggies go to the National Championship game!
Skyote, It does my heart good to hear that you're also planning on keeping you Rivian for a long, looonng, time. ??? ?
Sponsored