Sponsored

VHRivian

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Chevrolet Traverse
I have heard March for R1S OC production, but has anyone heard more details yet?
Sponsored

BrentInCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S, Toyota FJ, R1S Quad Large Pack Feb 2023
I took delivery at the factory last week, enjoyed the factory tour, and the Rivian tour guide said the first Ocean Coast R1S was just produced, with Silver exterior. Second one was about to be produced. Also said they were no longer batching colors, interior or exterior, and we saw that on the production line … 5 R1S’ in a row on the line with different colors.

Rivian R1T R1S Confirmed by Rivian: R1S w/ Ocean Coast Interior - Deliveries Not Until Early 2023 B3DD09C4-3E64-472C-A4FA-AF24621B2A2F

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, 2016 Ford Escape, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

I just got my eight steps for our blue ocean coast R1S that had an April to June delivery window

Dublin ‘Eer

First Name
Franklin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Occupation
CPA
I just got my eight steps for our blue ocean coast R1S that had an April to June delivery window
I also have a blue OC R1S with the same delivery window, so I'm probably getting close as well. I'm a little hesitant because I wanted a max pack initially and now am tempted to wait for that depending on the price difference. I'm afraid there's going to be too big a gap since I have the pre-price increase pricing. I called yesterday to see if I could get any pricing information on the max pack R1S but was told that has yet to be determined (at least publicly).

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

I also have a blue OC R1S with the same delivery window, so I'm probably getting close as well. I'm a little hesitant because I wanted a max pack initially and now am tempted to wait for that depending on the price difference. I'm afraid there's going to be too big a gap since I have the pre-price increase pricing. I called yesterday to see if I could get any pricing information on the max pack R1S but was told that has yet to be determined (at least publicly).

Yeah I don't really know you're particular situation but I feel like we are really turning a corner right now on electric charging stations with Tesla chargers and even some great reports about EA chargers. I feel like it can really overcome any range issues. That plus the latest update boosting the range where it's not that big of a difference between this and the max pack unless you're towing stuff I guess.

I'm currently trying to figure out how to sell our current SUV for the best price I can, but not leave us stranded without a family vehicle for too long

Sponsored

Dublin ‘Eer

First Name
Franklin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Occupation
CPA
Yeah I don't really know you're particular situation but I feel like we are really turning a corner right now on electric charging stations with Tesla chargers and even some great reports about EA chargers. I feel like it can really overcome any range issues. That plus the latest update boosting the range where it's not that big of a difference between this and the max pack unless you're towing stuff I guess.

I'm currently trying to figure out how to sell our current SUV for the best price I can, but not leave us stranded without a family vehicle for too long
I don’t think charging will be an issue in another year or two, but even now, we couldn’t take a Rivian south from Ohio via I-77 (a trip we make several times a year) because there aren’t any non-Tesla high-speed chargers between Cambridge, Ohio and Wytheville, VA (and the Wytheville station is currently closed, so that mountainous gap is even larger).

One big thing I’ve learned in driving 130,000+ miles in a 2016 Model S with the 75 battery, it’s not just the range—it’s the amount of time you can charge at the peak speed or near that speed that is vital. I’m not that familiar with Rivian’s charge curve, but being able charge at or near peak to say 60% is a difference of 234 miles vs 192 miles (comparing 390 to 320) and that makes a HUGE difference on a 1,000 mile trip. Plus you have to factor in 5-10% degradation over time. If you make frequent long trips, a bigger battery is a real game changer.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tnawara

tnawara

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance 2022
I also received the “It’s time…” email on Saturday. Nov 2018 LE preorder in Chicago area; Limestone/OC/22 Brights

nitin_chauhan

First Name
stranger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I am Sept 2019 reservation holder for R1S|GW|OC. Delivery window May - June 2023. Haven't heard anything from guide. It will take 6-8 weeks to deliver the car from getting VIN.

VHRivian

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Chevrolet Traverse
Are you sure that's not mine and they just accidentally put the wrong wheels on it? As my dad always said when I was a kid, "I'm not mad; I'm just disappointed"

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

haha, pretty sure...

As an update, I talked to my guide today for the first time and he answered some questions I had on the steps. No matter how much I have tracked everything on here for a few years, some of the financing and insurance questions got me confused. He set me straight on it all. Apparently, I can't go to the factory to pick it up because I started the 8 steps. I would have had to have that conversation before I started anything. Too bad, but I was too excited!

He said my R1S is on the line now and looks like it will be complete in a few days. Said to assume a week or so for QC and to ship it out via rail. I guess they are estimating 1-2 weeks via rail to Virginia. Unknown if they will deliver to our house or if I need to go to Richmond SC to pick up, he said they are tight on staff at the SCs for delivery. Seems we will take deliver just before or at the beginning of our April-May delivery window.

I'm going to hold our current SUV (Explorer platinum) for a week or two and then try a private sale. Worst case I don't sell it (the market is still tight here in NoVA) and I just take the carvana offer.

Sponsored

VHRivian

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Chevrolet Traverse
There is a GW 22" Dark with Ocean Coast on the R1S Shop this morning. Must... wait.... for..... blue.....

This is HARD

VHRivian

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Chevrolet Traverse
There is a GW 22" Dark with Ocean Coast on the R1S Shop this morning. Must... wait.... for..... blue.....

This is HARD
...and it's gone already. That makes it easier

gearcritic

First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T preorder
I was just at the Normal factory for pickup and during our tour I saw a bunch of R1S with Ocean Coast rolling off the assembly line. They were towards the end of the line since a saw a bunch of them getting ready for headlight calibration. It looked really good, almost made me regret FE haha.

Matt D.

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Odyssey
Got my 8 steps this morning. Delivery window was May-June.

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Starting to see them in the shop as well. El Cap and Rivian Blue with OC.
Sponsored