Sponsored

Confirm Config and Several Other Questions...

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
My guess is that all of parts are “on hand” at the assembly plant to build your configuration when the “confirm configuration“ e-mail is sent to reservation holders. This includes interior color, wheels, underbody shield, etc. Changing wheels for example might cause of delay.
Sponsored

PAFDenver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Baja
Occupation
retired
I can't guarantee it, but it sure sounds like your configuration is being built now. I received an email to confirm my delivery address on Thursday and got an invitation to the R1T shop late on Friday. But I've never got an email to confirm my configuration. So I doubt that you will get an invite to the shop - but I am completely baffled by Rivian's process of choosing who gets what.

bjcleaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco FE, Tesla Model Y, R1T
I can't guarantee it, but it sure sounds like your configuration is being built now. I received an email to confirm my delivery address on Thursday and got an invitation to the R1T shop late on Friday. But I've never got an email to confirm my configuration. So I doubt that you will get an invite to the shop - but I am completely baffled by Rivian's process of choosing who gets what.
I also got the email to confirm delivery address on Thursday, invitation to the shop on Friday...and then today received an email to confirm my configuration. .🤷‍♂️

PAFDenver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Baja
Occupation
retired
I also got the email to confirm delivery address on Thursday, invitation to the shop on Friday...and then today received an email to confirm my configuration. .🤷‍♂️
Oh the mysteries of Rivian's process...

OP
OP
Sillyphillie

Sillyphillie

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ram Limited
Occupation
IT Director
I realized I never updated this thread. I hope this helps others.

The truck was already built and en route to the closest service center to me (Brooklyn, NY)

SO to recap...

8/12 Confirm Config Email
8/13 I actually confirmed
8/13 Digital Purchase Process Opened Up
8/15 VIN
8/15 Guide Stated Truck is getting ready to dispatch from Normal
8/17 Guide Confirmed vehicle is en route. 1 to 2 weeks conservative estimate of delivery.
8/18 7 of 8 Steps Completed (Just waiting on Delivery).

In the end, I imagine someone cancelled and it matched my order. The guide did mention that they have been concentrating on this region for deliveries since July. I imagine those 2 causes bumped me up the line. Just to reiterate my original delivery window was November-December of this year.

Sponsored

tmmcgee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner; Mustang GT; M3; Grand Cherokee, R1T
I just started looking into this process based on a configuration confirmation email I received on 8/8 and I am more confused than ever. I confirmed that evening but since there, there has been no other information besides an email about the eventual process. I contacted my guide and he said I am showing a December/January estimated delivery, and could provide no other information other than I need to wait for my VIN. I can't picture it takes four to five months to build one. I travel extensively for work overseas, sometimes for extended periods, so the ambiguity is a bit frustrating when trying to plan trips. Something I am sure you all are familiar with.

Moodyerdoc

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T Adventure, 2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Physician
For me: ordered 12/3/21 El Cap/ BM/ 21s. (St. Louis)
8/12/22. R1T shop invite
8/17/22. Guide intro call. Guide confirmed config over the phone and Rivian account was updated by that evening with no option for further configuration changes except through guide.
Received email that night with heads up that I would soon be invited to the digital purchasing experience. Anyone have info on the significance of this email in regards to when the actual 8 steps will start? Side note..... My guide also told me that I would continue to have access to the R1T shop up until I was matched with a vehicle or confirmed one out of the shop. (one week period no longer in effect).

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sillyphillie

Sillyphillie

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ram Limited
Occupation
IT Director
So they match you to a VIN that is or about to be produced is what I am being told. They batch configs and paints together. Those above who are waiting are, by my honest opinion, waiting for the next batch in the oven.

OP
OP
Sillyphillie

Sillyphillie

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ram Limited
Occupation
IT Director
Hey all quick update.. got my truck yesterday. So exactly 14 days from the save your config email.

i love it. What an amazing everything.
It was worth the wait.

Sponsored

milliemc

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
retired
Clubs

So just to update... I have a VIN already and I am doing the 8 step process. I did not receive shop access. Does this mean the truck is built and ready or are they slotting it for production? I'm confused and have to sell my truck in a hurry if the Rivian is ready for purchase. I mean they want me to add insurance so it has to be built and ready, right?
Sounds like you are getting ready to receive. How cool!!

OP
OP
Sillyphillie

Sillyphillie

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ram Limited
Occupation
IT Director
I received it August 25th. I don't have it now... I have a loaner. Lovely factory issues. Suspension, paint issues, LTE issues, driver side gear guard door doesn't open.

EARLY ADOPTER TAX!
Sponsored