Sponsored

Configurator price rollback and orders restored ?

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Has anyone's Rivian personal page yet reverted back to prior pricing and/or restored a cancelled order? ?
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Not yet for mine. It seems like the only people who had theirs restored already were those who were entering the actual purchase process, with delivery expected very soon. So they needed the numbers to all be correct to complete it. For the rest of us, when Rivian says it may take "weeks", I am assuming they meant months...

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
Since for most people, delivery is still a year+ away, I don't understand the sense of urgency on this.

As long as the pricing is corrected before rivian asks for payment, why do you care if it takes 2 days, or 10 months to update price shown in your account?

That said - they probably should just hide the price from everyone's account until it shows the correct price.

OP
OP
LoneStar

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

then my inquiry is on behalf of folks like me with promised deliveries in the next couple months rather than those having to endure a much longer wait.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Few people have. It seems like they did a couple of manual reversal's last week. Rivian has stated it's going to take them a good chunk of time to revert it.

Sponsored

shamoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 GT3, Tesla Model S LR
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Since for most people, delivery is still a year+ away, I don't understand the sense of urgency on this.

As long as the pricing is corrected before rivian asks for payment, why do you care if it takes 2 days, or 10 months to update price shown in your account?

That said - they probably should just hide the price from everyone's account until it shows the correct price.
Yep. A lot of people asking here and on Reddit. Maybe it is just me, but don't think it really matters when the price will change in the portal. They said they would honor it so whether it says $80K or $100K makes no difference to me.

Surfnturf

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tunda, GMC Yukon
Occupation
Self Employed
Has anyone that canceled their order noticed if they have been charged another $1,000 deposit?

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
Has anyone that canceled their order noticed if they have been charged another $1,000 deposit?
Many users who re-instated their pre-orders were told that the refund of the original $1000 was already in-flight and could not be stopped and that they would *not* have to put down another $1000. As a result when they go to purchase at delivery, their price will be the full price (since there was no deposit amount to come off the top).

MJB28

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost, 2019 Tesla M3, 2020 Livewire
Occupation
Custom Home Construction
Just got welcome back email, account is not restored yet.
Crazy thing is I didn’t respond to the email to restore.
pre-order date of February 2019, had expected delivery date of May June maybe I guess they really want me back

Rivian R1T R1S Configurator price rollback and orders restored ? FF75182F-BCB0-4626-AC27-181DEA099745

805Badger

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Model X
Occupation
Physicist
Has anyone's Rivian personal page yet reverted back to prior pricing and/or restored a cancelled order? ?

I have two orders, one that was confirmed with my guide last week and one that isn't estimated delivery until next year. The one that is confirmed in the March/April window has changed, the other has not.

Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I have two orders, one that was confirmed with my guide last week and one that isn't estimated delivery until next year. The one that is confirmed in the March/April window has changed, the other has not.
Same. I had my first guide contact last week and my pricing was soon updated and locked so I can’t make changes.

idea man

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E250 Bluetec, Sprinter, Passat, F-250, R1250 GSA
Occupation
Project Manager
I was told by CS that the bulk of the changes would occur when their new "customer service" app was released (whatever the actual name of that app will be) That makes a lot of sense to me. Change the data once, don't change it again....unless someone calls and is having anxiety.

kong3558

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Anyone want to cancel their pre-ordered R1S, please let me know. I have a friend want to take over an order. Thank you.

OP
OP
LoneStar

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

not suspicious at all this person joined the same day this was posted.
I'm guessing the friend is a 'very close one' whenever there's a mirror.
Sponsored