Sponsored

Configurator and delivery times (per Rivian online chat)

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Leaf and 2018 Bolt
Occupation
Semi-retired software business owner
I tried out the Rivian online chat yesterday and found it very responsive. Martin shared that the configurator will be available "VERY soon", but would not say whether that means in days, weeks, or months. With the configurator, once all options are chosen, an estimated delivery time will be shown. With my 12/11/2018 preorder date, I am hoping for a very early delivery.
Sponsored

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
I tried out the Rivian online chat yesterday and found it very responsive. Martin shared that the configurator will be available "VERY soon", but would not say whether that means in days, weeks, or months. With the configurator, once all options are chosen, an estimated delivery time will be shown. With my 12/11/2018 preorder date, I am hoping for a very early delivery.
So far, from the online chat, we’ve established that:

A) The configurator will be out “well before” December 31

B) It might be out before Thanksgiving, but it’ll definitely be out before the end of the year

C) It’ll be out “Very soon”

Now if you can logic-puzzle out a release date from the above info, congratulations! You’ve officially passed the L-SAT

Last edited:
OP
OP
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Leaf and 2018 Bolt
Occupation
Martin did say I would have to complete all of the configurator options to determine an estimated delivery date. It will probably become more clear VERY soon. ;)

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
I was told today that we should expect an email 'very very soon' that will let us know when the configurator is coming.

I was not able to get them to define very very soon, unfortunately. My guess is an email coming the week before thanksgiving, and configurator launching last week of December. Based on nothing but my gut instinct.

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
I was told today that we should expect an email 'very very soon' that will let us know when the configurator is coming.

I was not able to get them to define very very soon, unfortunately. My guess is an email coming the week before thanksgiving, and configurator launching last week of December. Based on nothing but my gut instinct.
There were a few posts on Reddit where one of the guys got an answer that Rivian is trying to get the configurator out by the end on November. Nothing is for sure yet though.

Sponsored

OP
OP
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Leaf and 2018 Bolt
Occupation
There were a few posts on Reddit where one of the guys got an answer that Rivian is trying to get the configurator out by the end on November. Nothing is for sure yet though.
So far, from the online chat, we’ve established that:

A) The configurator will be out “well before” December 31

B) It might be out before Thanksgiving, but it’ll definitely be out before the end of the year

C) It’ll be out “Very soon”

Now if you can logic-puzzle out a release date from the above info, congratulations! You’ve officially passed the L-SAT
If it is a bit earlier than the end of November, it will be a fund thing to do on T-Day!

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
I got an email today answering some questions, well, one out of two. But the email said configurator "later this year". It did not say very soon or very very soon.

I was told I will have to wait for the configurator to see if the removable roof will fit in the frunk. But on a more positive note I was told that the camp kitchen will be easily removed from the gear tunnel by a single person. That means I can store it in my garage when not in use.

OP
OP
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Leaf and 2018 Bolt
Occupation
I got an email today answering some questions, well, one out of two. But the email said configurator "later this year". It did not say very soon or very very soon.

I was told I will have to wait for the configurator to see if the removable roof will fit in the frunk. But on a more positive note I was told that the camp kitchen will be easily removed from the gear tunnel by a single person. That means I can store it in my garage when not in use.
You must have the R1T on order. I ordered our SUV December 18, 2018, so am hoping for a late summer 2021 delivery date. I'm anxiously awaiting the configurator to get a better estimate.

Sponsored

Jehorton

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic

That is quoted in the FAQs on the site now

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer

You must have the R1T on order. I ordered our SUV December 18, 2018, so am hoping for a late summer 2021 delivery date. I'm anxiously awaiting the configurator to get a better estimate.
Sounds like he asked those questions through their customer service, so they got back at him.
You can go here:
https://rivian.com/support
There is a chat, email and call option.

Smithery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX 100D, XC70, Cooper S JCW, R1T Large
I also chatted with Martin today.

He gave me the same line about "expect an email re: the configurator very very soon"

He also said "RJ is in Illinois overseeing finishing touches on the configurator"

He also said I might be able to "Give Thanks" when the configurator hits. wink wink nudge nudge

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
I also chatted with Martin today.

He gave me the same line about "expect an email re: the configurator very very soon"

He also said "RJ is in Illinois overseeing finishing touches on the configurator"

He also said I might be able to "Give Thanks" when the configurator hits. wink wink nudge nudge
Did he say “or you can learn to say “gobble gobble”?” :CWL::CWL:

Skigh

First Name
Skigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Did he say “or you can learn to say “gobble gobble”?” :CWL::CWL:
That seems specific in a sneaky way. I'm crossing my fingers it's before the 26th.... although in Canada we've already had our Thanksgiving......
Sponsored