ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

If that is what Jeep needs to produce to keep making a Wrangler I am all for it. I wouldn't buy one, but if it helps keep the Wrangler alive I fully support someone else buying one.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
It’s not my kind of thing, but competition makes the EV industry better. I’m curious what range they will give this.

Sponsored

popoga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG R1T, '18 Impreza, '10 Triumph Bonneville
Occupation
Potato Farmer
Clubs

If that is what Jeep needs to produce to keep making a Wrangler I am all for it. I wouldn't buy one, but if it helps keep the Wrangler alive I fully support someone else buying one.
I too am all for someone - anyone - else buying this.

Sconces

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M2 Comp/Rivian R1T
Hmm nah… this might be like Nokia smartphones back in the day

Grajjie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M340i, Ioniq Electric, Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Looks pretty good from the side. Front is ok but the rear looks off. That rear glass panel is huge!

Either way I think these will sell pretty well.

Sponsored

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

Looks like an H3 with some LED lights...hideous....

Goose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 4Runner
Occupation
Clinical Research
If the price range is $45-65k it will sell very very well. if range and towing are up there with Rivian I will seriously consider one.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Overall, I like it. However there is a lot of room for improvement. Jeep needs to rework that grille. Just throwing on some lighting doesn’t really work. It’s too distracting for my taste. The exposed hinges look terrible on an otherwise clean body. I know the doors are supposed to be removable but I don’t think the target audience really cares. IMO that should be saved for the EV Wrangler. Also, it’s going to cause extra parasitic drag, which matters on any EV. Props for getting the charging port location correct. The Recon will be easier to charge at Tesla’s Superchargers.

Of course, the ground clearance is an issue here. If you’re going to put K02s on it, you had better give it some serious ability to go over things. My Rivian R1T has 10“ of clearance at it’s lowest setting and almost 15” at it’s highest. I’m guessing that Jeep is going to put an air suspension on the Recon.

Personally, I think I’d skip this and cross my fingers that the Wrangler EV doesn’t stray too far from the formula that makes it a Wrangler. However, for that to really happen, the Wrangler is going to need the next generation of batteries to let it remain a brick while having sufficient range.

MaskedRacerX

First Name
DT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Tesla M3P / '21 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Occupation
Software Dev / Architect / Product Designer
It’s not my kind of thing, but competition makes the EV industry better. I’m curious what range they will give this.

Stellantis has a modular EV platform, depends on the size of the vehicle, lots of information here:

https://www.stellantis.com/en/technology/electrification

Also some informative info-graphics:

Rivian R1T R1S New Competition: 2024 Jeep Recon EV -- First Real Life Looks 1679927427756

Rivian R1T R1S New Competition: 2024 Jeep Recon EV -- First Real Life Looks 1679927438009

I would guess the Recon would use the "medium" platform? I'm sure the range is a max efficiency based on battery size, but the medium size shows 87-104kWh so pretty stout for that segment.

MaskedRacerX

First Name
DT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Tesla M3P / '21 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Occupation
Software Dev / Architect / Product Designer