James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
retired
Clubs

I've started shying away from yellow and towards the safer red or blue, but damn if these pics aren't giving me pause. Really hoping they bring yellow units to any northeast test drive events.
We're still in reservation mode but yellow will be our color...I want something that stands out in traffic, for safety reasons and I think it does the job!
Sponsored

PastyPilgrim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
We're still in reservation mode but yellow will be our color...I want something that stands out in traffic, for safety reasons and I think it does the job!
I did end up getting a blue one, but having seen all of the colors in person now, yellow would be my second pick after blue! Fyi it's lighter and more pastel in person than you might be expecting.

It's sad though that Rivian has decided to disallow the CY/FE aka Spinach Omelette build. Those that did get one before it was cut now have a very rare omelette.

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
It's sad though that Rivian has decided to disallow the CY/FE aka Spinach Omelette build. Those that did get one before it was cut now have a very rare omelette.
I agree. We got CY/BM with our launch edition, partially because it's all that was shipping and partially because we hadn't (and still haven't!) seen Forest Edge in person.

But we have an R1S on order as well, and we were tempted to go spinach omelet with it as long as we could see the color in person. At least they saved us $2000. We probably won't bother with Ocean Coast, though I bet it looks nice, because I'm slightly worried about the long-term risk of staining with the ventilated seats. And I also haven't seen OC in person, either.

PastyPilgrim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I agree. We got CY/BM with our launch edition, partially because it's all that was shipping and partially because we hadn't (and still haven't!) seen Forest Edge in person.

But we have an R1S on order as well, and we were tempted to go spinach omelet with it as long as we could see the color in person. At least they saved us $2000. We probably won't bother with Ocean Coast, though I bet it looks nice, because I'm slightly worried about the long-term risk of staining with the ventilated seats. And I also haven't seen OC in person, either.
Oooo, I thought I had remembered you getting CY/FE, or at least we talked about it on reddit.

I like BM more than I expected to though, so no regrets about BM v. OC or FE.

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
Oooo, I thought I had remembered you getting CY/FE, or at least we talked about it on reddit.

I like BM more than I expected to though, so no regrets about BM v. OC or FE.
Yeah, for sure, definitely no regrets. Honestly, if they offered the medium ash wood with everything else being BM, that would probably make me the happiest, even over the other options.

Sponsored

68wske

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Challenger Scat Pack Widebody
Occupation
RN
Got an email saying they’re “ready to build your vehicle”
I still haven’t even seen CY in person
If you're at all open to the idea of driving a yellow truck, you're not going to be disappointed. Outside of the service center, I've only seen blue T's and one FG S between OBX and Baltimore on 95. I like the exclusivity, even though mine was the first one I saw when it was on the flatbed. No ragerts, not even one letter.

I still haven't seen another one..

lawmangm

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep JLU Sahara
Occupation
Sales Director
Clubs

If you're at all open to the idea of driving a yellow truck, you're not going to be disappointed. Outside of the service center, I've only seen blue T's and one FG S between OBX and Baltimore on 95. I like the exclusivity, even though mine was the first one I saw when it was on the flatbed. No ragerts, not even one letter.

I still haven't seen another one..
Yellow was the right choice for me!

Sponsored

MichaelD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sprinter 4x4 camper van (170)
In!
Rivian R1T R1S COMPASS YELLOW R1T Photos 3BA9014D-FA2F-4FF5-A09D-61FF2685C4E3

Rivian R1T R1S COMPASS YELLOW R1T Photos 2B44B052-4F4D-4610-A041-9033DC02EFDB

Rivian R1T R1S COMPASS YELLOW R1T Photos 8A2802F6-07CA-4F28-8513-7E51A41BE6E3

tsylviaNH

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Epic EVO, Epic HT
Occupation
Residential Architecture
Charging in Barstow CA, Late Night Trail in Las Vegas, checking out the MSG Sphere in Las Vegas.
PXL_20221122_194357013.jpg
PXL_20221004_173905798.jpg
PXL_20221004_180924309.jpg
PXL_20220913_180027276.jpg
Yellow Looks good in the desert. Hoping to one day use those chargers in Barstow...my in-laws have a place in Boulder City NV that I usually visit once or twice a year.