First Name
thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T & Model X
Occupation
Retired
Overall, I absolutely love my Rivian and feel sad when I still have to drive the RAM. I DEFINITELY wish the Rivian had a little bigger bed and it's totally dumb they don't do CarPlay. Even still... it's my favorite vehicle I've ever owned.
As the owner of a 2021 RAM 1500 Limited I completely agree with your sentiment and your list of pros & cons. I would add one biggie: towing with my R1T.

I tow a 30’ Airstream and when I’m towing with the RAM, 65 mph is my top comfortable speed. Above that speed the truck gets a little squirrely, and yes, I have a weight distribution / anti-sway hitch. On a recent trip using my R1T I cruised between 75 & 80 mph and the truck was rock solid.

The downside is range. As with my RAM, my range is cut in half but there are just not enough reliable charging stations for me to use the R1T for long distance towing. In general, the non-Tesla charging stations have a very poor reliability history.

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
I miss that my Ridgeline worked and was not in the shop a week after I finally got it.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE

domoplaytime

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adventure
Clubs

The R1T is not a truck, its a toy with a toy bed not meant for actually hauling shit.
As I loaded hundreds of pounds of paving stones into my Model S, some dude walked by and said, "nice truck." It is, thank you. I will use my toys as trucks if I want. At least the R1T has an open bed. If the Subaru Baja were a four motor EV then perhaps I'd be reading those forums while watching everyone else get their vehicle first.
Sponsored