Sponsored

Coming up: Sept trip to San Diego. What will happen if I visit the service center?

Gavinmcc

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T!
Occupation
Medical
So I'm flying from Albuquerque into San Diego late September for a conference. I do have a day off and thought I would try to visit the Venice Hub...but not sure if I want to spend 4 1/2 hours round trip traveling up the coast. So I thought I might check out the local service center instead. I know it won't be as hands on and informative as the Hub, but I mostly want to see Forest Edge up close. And hopefully a Limestone with Forest Edge.

That said, if I stop by the service center would they allow me to look around or shoo me off? Would they open a door to let me see the insides better?

On my way back from a Yellowstone trip I stopped by the Denver SC and walked around the lot. I did not get shooed off, but also nobody came out and talked to me. So I didn't see, or at least didn't get a good look at, Forest Edge.

Anybody been by the San Diego service center?

Thanks!

Rivian R1T R1S Coming up: Sept trip to San Diego. What will happen if I visit the service center? thumbnail_IMG_8106
Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I tried, for months, to schedule time with a service center to see a truck. CS always refused and said it "was not possible".

Eventually, I just "showed up" at a service center because I was already in town and "why not". I figured if they turned me away then it was no real loss. Well, they were excellent. They let me in the building, showed me around, and they proactively offered to let me test drive. The experience was awesome!

After finally taking delivery of my R1T, I was on a road trip and we were driving through a town with another SC and decided to drop in, unannounced (different SC than before). Again, they were awesome. Welcomed me in, showed me around, and conversed about all-things-Rivian for probably 15-20 minutes before I said I needed to get back on the road.

My advice: JUST SHOW UP!

LTD in CBTS

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3, Vespa 300, R1T
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I went to the SD SC 2 days ago to see if I could show my wife/daughter the Rivian Blue up close and I wanted to see a FE interior since the SHOP has a Rivian Blue with FE interior. The guy there was super nice. He said they didn't have any trucks with FE at the moment. He then went to the back and drove around in their Rivian Blue Mobile Service vehicle to show my family the color. It is my third time there and each time the people have been super cool, friendly, and helpful. Then again it is San Diego so what else would you expect :cool:

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I can't speak to the SD service center, but in Denver they have always been very cool about people stopping by and looking around. Once they were finally staffed up someone often will come out and ask if you have questions, etc.

Zac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Acura MDX
Clubs

I stopped by several times before I took delivery to check out the colors. Each time, an employee would also stop and answer any questions I had. However, if the vehicle is an owners, they can't open it and let you see inside. They do have a loaner I have used a couple of times that they would let you see inside, but it is Launch Green with BM interior.

Sponsored

Brian Goodwin

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Six Miatas, Fiat 124, Dakota V8, Ridgeline
Occupation
Fun Car Parts
I am in San Diego, and I did stop into the service center without appointment before I got my truck. They will not tour you around the place since there is no showroom there, but I was able to see some trucks and check them out and they were happy to show me one between appointments. They did have a Limestone and Forest Edge at the time.

Only about 2 weeks after that visit we had the truck and this is us picking it up there.
Rivian R1T R1S Coming up: Sept trip to San Diego. What will happen if I visit the service center? file

Lysdexic

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tundra
This is all good info. I am flying to Colorado Springs Saturday (coming from North Carolina and landing in Denver). I plan to stop by the Denver SC unannounced for this very reason. My goal is to see a Limestone with FE. I did call CS a couple days ago to see if I need to make any special arrangements. They replied “nope. Just show up.”

Can anyone confirm that the Denver SC is open on Saturdays?

Edit: Call CS and they are open 9-5
Sponsored

Last edited: