First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
For those that like it "just the way it is", you will still like it all the same with a 118mph governed top speed. You won't notice because you never go that fast.
Sponsored

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Alan Ruck might disagree about the need for more speed. I also respect the experts at Rivian to know the limits of the car. Cheers.

Alan Ruck

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Alan Ruck might disagree about the need for more speed. I also respect the experts at Rivian to know the limits of the car. Cheers.

Alan Ruck
Speed wasn't a factor in his incident. He started from a standstill and probably didn't even make it over 30-40 mph.

Batman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Launch Edition; Kia Telluride SX-P
No kiddin’. For me, the wind noise is pretty low at 70-75 but anything above that makes the noise go up exponentially.

I really need to try the seal hack another member posted up a while back. I’ve been lazy on getting that done.
I did the seal hack based on that other post you are referring to. It helps.

I did the doors, windshield, roof glass.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
In reality all of these numbers are more for bragging than useful. My Model S supposedly has a 4.3 zero to 60 and a 140 top speed. The 4.3 seems pretty quick and I’ve never had it over 110.

My R1S I got the 22s because they are the ones that supposedly can do the 3.0 0-60, literally I have launched it twice in the 10 months I‘ve had it. I do use cruise on longer trips as I found myself over 90 several times and as mentioned by others, prefer staying closer to the speed limits not only to stretch the available range but shortens the recharge times.

On another note though Edmunds did test a quad R1T and stopped from 60 mph in 116 feet, the Hummer was 137 and in the video that was racing the Hummer against the CT they did a stopping test and the hummer was beating the CT by more than the length of the CT so we have that going for us.

Sponsored

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Everyone who thinks “EV” means “race car”. 👨‍🚒 I’ve had my flame suit on this morning already.

ETA: also includes most manufacturers who seem to only want to measure with 0-60.
All cars are race cars. It's not my fault you're doing cars wrong.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Cruising at 80-85 is perfect in my R1S. I can never imagine needing more than 100, let alone 110. Who cares about top speed, where are you doing this?
Lapeer International Dragway

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
It's a well known fact that the 110 speed restriction causes the car to lose E.T. in the quarter mile.
It’s a pickup truck.

Sponsored

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
It’s a pickup truck.
Sure. But one that's quick AF and EVs are perfect for bracket racing. Also, stupid fun to show up in a 7000 lbs truck and mop the floor with a lot of cars people think are quick. Especially fun at nearly 6000 ft when all the ICE vehicles are down 18% on power.

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
This car doesn’t inspire confidence at that speed
While I agree 835 hp is more than enough and the request to win nonexistent pissing contest with the ugly CT is silly… 85 mph is flow of traffic in SoCal. The R1 feels perfectly fine at that speed. No need for dramatics.

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Speed wasn't a factor in his incident. He started from a standstill and probably didn't even make it over 30-40 mph.
You are correct that speed wasn't a factor. He wasn't travelling at a high rate of speed. I was using this example to show just how powerful Rivians are. The power and speed go hand-in-hand. It's a beast. Cheers.

rivian_germany

First Name
D-Rok
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1T, '22 M3LR, '09 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

You’re joking on the speed restriction right? I’m in TX where we have one of the, if not the, highest highway speed limit of 85mph. This car doesn’t inspire confidence at that speed.

If you want a race car, buy a race car, not a 7000lb+ SUV.
I regularly get to drive at top speed (111/112mph) on the autobahn and it drove pretty smooth. A bit of hood flutter but not worrisome. I drive hard and my R1T is amazing.
Sponsored