First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 Kia EV6, 15 Mustang GT Vert
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Mine has this same issue. I had SC look at it when I was there for some other things and they said it was normal and didn't adjust anything. Seemed odd to me but sounds like at least one in this thread got it fixed? Anyone else have luck getting it fixed?
Sponsored

Foobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3P, Eva Ribelle
Occupation
IT Exec
My passenger side wouldn’t latch at all at delivery. They sent a mobile out the week after delivery and he said yeah it doesn’t latch. Gonna need a service center appointment since you can’t access the locking mechanism from the top - gotta remove bumper and a whole slew of things to get at it from the bottom.

I ended up fitting a pair of washers on the lid latching loop to force it lower into the locking mechanism and will keep this in place until I have a better reason to leave the truck at the SC and have them rip it apart.

Just need a torx driver and a couple of washers.

kozak79

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Visual Effects
Clubs

I had a similar issue and realized that the right side, not next to the opening is where I have to press for it to close. When I try to close it from the latch side, it doesn't close, but if I close it from the other side, closes every time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Merrill

Merrill

First Name
Merrill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S and X
Occupation
Retired
I had the same problem the mobile tech showed me how to close it you close the cover and push down on the right side and it will latch.

the_mace

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D, Ford F350 Diesel, Mercedes GLC30
Occupation
CTO
I had the same problem the mobile tech showed me how to close it you close the cover and push down on the right side and it will latch.
Right side alone doesnt work for me, it leaves left unlatched. My only way is to get a good gap, hands basically on both latches and push hard quickly. That's hard to do when the tailgate is open with my height
Sponsored