First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tacoma TRD PRO
Occupation
Content Creation
It’s better if you go to the RIVIAN website. Look at the interior pictures. When I saw the back of the seat I noticed the white threading near the bottom. The center appears to be a little wider at the bottom than on the top.
This is probably just due to the lighting i.e flash
Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

The center appears to be a little wider at the bottom than on the top.
That sounds like it's custom made for me. I'm a happy boy!

Rivian R1T R1S Closeup photo of Black Mountain wood interior + Interview with Rivian’s interior expert... Nice! 1623740947036

Last edited:

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
It’s better if you go to the RIVIAN website. Look at the interior pictures. When I saw the back of the seat I noticed the white threading near the bottom. The center appears to be a little wider at the bottom than on the top.
I think I finally see what you're referring to and it's not even the vegan leather, it's the vertical fabric strip and the "stretch" you refer to is only visible on the Black Mountain interior. Look at Ocean Coast or Forest Edge, not there. This is simply an artifact of image editing, not a "missed quality detail" in the seat. Based on pictures from the Mill Valley event, I suspect that vertical trim piece is an overlay and under no tension meaning it's not being stretched.

Last edited:

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
It's a rendering, not a photograph. A texture applied to a surface. It will look stretched if the surface is curved.

RideAlong

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
20 Porsche Panamera S + 19 Ford F-150
Occupation
Dentist
I think it looks quite excellent and modern and compliments the interior quite well ?

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I think it looks quite excellent and modern and compliments the interior quite well ?
The various views, including the Configurator, photos and videos from around the web, and seeing it in person, provide some fairly different takes. Some look black, others just a darker color that seems more similar to that of Forest Edge. In other words a deep natural brown stain. None of them bad, just subtle differences.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Here is the black interior with El Cap from Agua Dolce on December 7th…

Rivian R1T R1S Closeup photo of Black Mountain wood interior + Interview with Rivian’s interior expert... Nice! 6AADF772-C76E-42CB-B0C8-9420FCF82235
Rivian R1T R1S Closeup photo of Black Mountain wood interior + Interview with Rivian’s interior expert... Nice! D7821934-CDF5-413B-B432-B53E2272A512
Sponsored