First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2022 Model S Plaid, 2021 Model Y Perform
Occupation
IT Engineer
I’m at about 1800 miles on my r1t. Just turned one month old today. For the last few hundreds of miles I’ve noticed at low speeds a clicking from the rear motors. It turns into a loud hum at highway speeds. It goes completely away in conserve mode. It also doesn’t happen in reverse. Hopefully the video is easy to hear it at low speed.
Link to full quality video: https://share.icloud.com/photos/097sogPs4o29lpOPjMV_10eNw
Sponsored

KurticusRex

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Genesis G70 3.3t AWD Sport
Occupation
Enterprise Transformation
Hi. I have this exact same issue. I've got about 5K miles. It started happening over winter, after the New Year. It was faint at first and now seems to have level off (not getting worse). I've been driving mostly in Conserve (front wheel mode) since it's for sure related to the rear motors or drive unit. I've got a ticket request in to Rivian and am waiting to get scheduled with Service to look at it. I think it is related to the mechanism that engages/disengages the rear drive unit, but I'm not an engineer. I'll post back once it gets into Service. If anything happens to you I'm curious what you find out.

OP
OP

clayton006

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Engineer
Just dropped it off for service today. Thankfully only had to wait a week for an appointment. Will see what they come back with.

IPTV65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep JLU Sahara,Jeep JKU, Infiniti G37X, R1S
Occupation
Engineering Exec
Clubs

Same. Taking mine in on the April 19th to be fixed. Sounds like my back passenger side is where my issue is. How long did they have the truck? Glad they know how to fix this!

OP
OP

clayton006

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Engineer
Same. Taking mine in on the April 19th to be fixed. Sounds like my back passenger side is where my issue is. How long did they have the truck? Glad they know how to fix this!
They had it for about a week. I the motor was delayed a day so took a bit longer. Also had to wait till the following Monday as when they re-configured my software to put on the new 22" wheels a seat module failed and had to replace it.

All is good and quiet now!
Sponsored