Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
That reminds me of the one about the dyslexic atheist. He spent his life wandering the Earth declaring loudly: "There is no Dog! There is no Dog!"

1629411332959.png
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic who suffered from insomnia? He lay awake at night wondering if there really is a dog…

Sign on one of my colledj instructors’ office: “dyslexics of the world, UNTIE!”

Caymanwent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic who suffered from insomnia? He lay awake at night wondering if there really is a dog…

Sign on one of my colledj instructors’ office: “dyslexics of the world, UNTIE!”
It’s 100% this. It’s letters right next to each other and words right next to each other that get swapped. For me at least. Trouble comes when the imagined word is also a word.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Because it's tradition, I feel like I should complain that whoever took the picture didn't seem to check the charging rate, but it appears to be a 150kw charger. At ~1/3 charged, It has to be maxing out the charger, so I'll just assume they knew what they were doing. :like:

One of these days...

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

It’s 100% this. It’s letters right next to each other and words right next to each other that get swapped. For me at least. Trouble comes when the imagined word is also a word.
The problem you mention is only exacerbated by spellcheck, which normally accepts any word, properly spelled. I can't tell you how many times, even in these forums, I see the words "form" and "from" used in place of one another.

With letters so close to each other on a tiny little keyboard, and with fat, stubby fingers, problems may ensue. Thus is especially true with spellcheck accepting the letters " I " and " O " in place of one another. That problem can get an innocent person in trouble.

For example, following "Bring Your Children To Work Day", a hasty text telling a co-worker "You have really beautiful tots! I can't believe how big they are!" may get you into trouble if not proofread. Attempting to compliment that same co-worker on her photography skills by texting "I think that shot you took was really something!" might come out (NPI) differently than you meant it to.

Don't even get ne started on " U " !

ATL_Canes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90; R1T LE (Delivered April 2022)

monzarottie

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, MB Sprinter 4x4, R2 Reservation
Occupation
Retired

Iwannarivian

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Panamera 4, Wrangler, MB C250, Civic Sport
Occupation
pretending to be retired
Clubs

I’ve been diagnosed as: An Agnostic Dyslexic Insomniac…I’m always lying awake at night wondering if there really is a Dog…
Sponsored