Sponsored

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
Not to mention you are seeing maybe a couple thousand square feet in those pictures of 2.5+ million square foot factory. Musk has always been consumed with the “machine that makes the machine” more than the product he’s building. So you see a lot of media coverage of that because that’s where Tesla takes them to film. I think Rivian is more focused on the final product, and thus we see more of that. All speculation on my part, of course.
Not to mention that Tesla wound up removing a bunch of robots on the Model 3 line because they were actually a detriment.
" Yes, excessive automation at Tesla was a mistake. To be precise, my mistake. Humans are underrated. "
https://thenextweb.com/news/elon-musk-replaces-robots-at-tesla-factory-humans-are-underrated
Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Just a follow up, I emailed CS to get an official (?) response on the roof edge color. Not sure based on what we have seen but maybe the other R1S models that were not black were just to get out and start testing. Here is the official CS response;

Rivian R1T R1S Chicago Tribune Article With Great Factory Updates and Photos! 1618867738825

Rivian R1T R1S Chicago Tribune Article With Great Factory Updates and Photos! 1618867778411

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
Standard Hunter Laser Alignment racks that get everything super accurate (I use for my race setup to adjust proper camber and toe) if anything they are being overly precise alignment wise then factory spec via assembly line alignment which I have seen off a LOT of times from factory.
I agree, Hunter makes good equipment. It's just this looks like equipment used by my personal mechanic, not a factory that will be producing 1,000 vehicles/day. Also, all of the ergonomics in each picture look bad. People climbing in and out, bending over. Their injury rates will be through the roof.

Acura invented a chair and rack for the NSX for this very reason, but also only make a few cars by hand each day.

Rivian R1T R1S Chicago Tribune Article With Great Factory Updates and Photos! Acura-NSX-PMC-Factory-Tour-Alignment

Rivian R1T R1S Chicago Tribune Article With Great Factory Updates and Photos! Acura-NSX-PMC-Factory-Tour-Alignment

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I can't provide you with a paint code notarized by RJ but, yes, that is absolutely 100% Forest Green. This is the same color we've seen ever since the 2018 debut.
rj_scaringe_rivian_la.jpg
I would've been good with this being Launch Green. It looks great, yet I have pretty much no idea what the still-mysterious LG really looks like. I do know I want my R1T in the color that designates it as that unique first generation vehicle.

As such, I am so very thankful that RJ didn't decide to go with Launch Pink or Purple for the LE! ?? (and please don't say there's still time!)

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
I would've been good with this being Launch Green. It looks great, yet I have pretty much no idea what the still-mysterious LG really looks like. I do know I want my R1T in the color that designates it as that unique first generation vehicle.

As such, I am so very thankful that RJ didn't decide to go with Launch Pink or Purple for the LE! ?? (and please don't say there's still time!)
If they had launch purple, my wife might have dragged us out of Team Yellow. Thank you RJ for not making it launch purple. ?
Sponsored