Sponsored

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

I’d say that’s disappointing, but I can’t imagine this means they aren’t doing something in Chicago or the suburbs.

Hopefully whatever the plan is now it’s even better than the Fulton Market location.
Sponsored

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
Fulton Market wasn't the best choice. Something closer to the mag mile would make a lot more sense.

Mister Person

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Prius
Clubs

Fulton Market wasn't the best choice. Something closer to the mag mile would make a lot more sense.
Not for a service center, but there's no indication this was going to be one. My bet is they are looking for a cheaper location for a service and sales center. So further away from downtown or less desirable but hopefully just as close to the interstate.

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Vino, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Riviot
I went by again last weekend and no progress has been made. I actually think it’s a great location. Close to Union Station, hip area, easy freeway access. Bummer.

fotoflux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Onewheel
Really bummed to hear that there isn't going to be a showroom in Chicago... Rivian also has so many regional offices and they skipped Chicago. The only companies less than 20 years old that seem to want to put up shop in Chicago are Fintech. I mean there's google, but they're over 20 now, lol.

Sponsored

Mister Person

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Prius
Clubs

Really bummed to hear that there isn't going to be a showroom in Chicago...
Pretty sure there will still be a showroom and/or service center in Chicago[land]. They may not be moving into this one building, is all.

Last edited:

MIG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius; R1S
Not for a service center, but there's no indication this was going to be one. My bet is they are looking for a cheaper location for a service and sales center. So further away from downtown or less desirable but hopefully just as close to the interstate.
Porsche just opened ae expanded sales/service location less than a mile from there (closer to the Loop) and McLaren has a showroom just East of there. The real estate isn't that expensive and its a very popular destination. Must not have been the right footprint.

Gerolsteiner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y
Occupation
Renewable Energy
Pretty sure there will still be a showroom and/or service center in Chicago[land]. They may not be moving into this one building, is all.
As long as it isn’t in the [land]. I badly want to see Lucid in person but I’m not dragging my butt out to the western burbs to do so. I would for Rivian but by golly I’d be hopping mad as I did it.

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

As long as it isn’t in the [land]. I badly want to see Lucid in person but I’m not dragging my butt out to the western burbs to do so. I would for Rivian but by golly I’d be hopping mad as I did it.
And I'm the eaxct opposite! I would much rather it be in the west or north burbs than in the city.

Mister Person

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Prius
Clubs

And I'm the eaxct opposite! I would much rather it be in the west or north burbs than in the city.
I'm in the city on the NW side, so I think I'd be fine with whatever. Easy enough to get into or out of the city. Hopefully not Mag Mile, though. The Fulton Market location was nice because it was close to 90/94 and Ogden Ave.

Sponsored

Gerolsteiner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y
Occupation
Renewable Energy
I'm in the city on the NW side, so I think I'd be fine with whatever. Easy enough to get into or out of the city. Hopefully not Mag Mile, though. The Fulton Market location was nice because it was close to 90/94 and Ogden Ave.
Hi neighbor! Idk I’m ok with NW or N burbs but W is such a pain to get to. Either surface streets forever south to 290 or roll the dice on taking the freeway (sorry, CA transplant) through downtown.

FWIW for people in this thread: I saw an R1T in Logan Square a couple weeks back! Blue with the 20s, coming out of an alley around Sacramento and Armitage around 6pm. My first in-person Rivian and I was like one of those girls you see in documentaries about the early Beatles shows.

SirArpsAlot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Lexus Rx350, Reserved R1S
Clubs

I'm in the Northern burbs but liked the Fulton Market location because it would have been a nice place to charge up when going out for Dinner/night out.

fotoflux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Onewheel
Having lived in the (almost) ex-urbs of Chicago.... There are a lot of inaccessible pockets if you live in the wrong area. The only truly-accessible area for everyone is where all the highways converge. That means Chicago. However, we all know where the money is and that's in the northern burbs, so anything along 94 will probably satisfy most.

Mister Person

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Prius
Clubs

2001 w Lake St
Sponsored