Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Went by the new site / showroom 932 West Randolph

Rivian R1T R1S Chicago Rivian Sales Location Under Construction Chicago Rivian sales location 1
Rivian R1T R1S Chicago Rivian Sales Location Under Construction Chicago Rivian sales location 2
Sponsored

OP
OP
Blueassassin

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

OP
OP
Blueassassin

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Also, I hope most of the good eats around there survived Covid. That is a super foody neighborhood. Rivian employees there will have some excellent lunches.
I ate there they are thriving streets are closed and have small green houses set up for people to eat in and the insides are open as well the restaurants are being able to hold more people and are super busy.

Sponsored

scooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 1250GS
Clubs

Wife just sold her condo in that 'hood and that entire street is an amazing food destination. Really enjoyed living there.

Good to see Rivian making progress on the joint but had hoped they would be further along than it appears they are (assuming the photos in the post are current).

scooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 1250GS
Clubs

Found myself in Chicago yesterday and walked by the Rivian site for updated pics. Some progress but no trucks!

Rivian R1T R1S Chicago Rivian Sales Location Under Construction IMG_7642.JPEG

Rivian R1T R1S Chicago Rivian Sales Location Under Construction IMG_7644.JPEG

Rivian R1T R1S Chicago Rivian Sales Location Under Construction IMG_7645.JPEG

Rivian R1T R1S Chicago Rivian Sales Location Under Construction IMG_7646.JPEG

OP
OP
Blueassassin

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Doesn't look like it changed much I wonder if they are waiting on chips?

scooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 1250GS
Clubs

Agreed. When comparing the first and latest pics we can see a couple of changes. They finished the floors and roof in the add-on section and over the new stairwell on the alley. Its progress, guessing it will be finished "soon".

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150, BMW 3GT
Occupation
Business owner
Wife just sold her condo in that 'hood and that entire street is an amazing food destination. Really enjoyed living there.

Good to see Rivian making progress on the joint but had hoped they would be further along than it appears they are (assuming the photos in the post are current).
Construction is never quick and easy. (as anyone that has done home renovations using a contractor(s) can attest to....).

Also why an EV company starting and then ramping up takes so long. I believe Rivian will make it...just going to take longer than they promised. But someone like Lucid, etc, I question their ability to stay in business long term.

Sponsored

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
Construction is never quick and easy. (as anyone that has done home renovations using a contractor(s) can attest to....).

Also why an EV company starting and then ramping up takes so long. I believe Rivian will make it...just going to take longer than they promised. But someone like Lucid, etc, I question their ability to stay in business long term.
Especially in Chicago though. You see construction start and then stop for months sometimes before they finish it. Especially road work. Maybe they need to wait for stuff to settle sometimes after they tear up the roads though. Not sure.

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

most of the time for Chicago, the delay is figuring out who you have to bribe donate to in order obtain all the necessary permits.

No idea why they didn't build the showroom out in Naperville or Schaumburg. It doesn't seem like the city folks would be their primary customers.

MIG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius; R1S
most of the time for Chicago, the delay is figuring out who you have to bribe donate to in order obtain all the necessary permits.

No idea why they didn't build the showroom out in Naperville or Schaumburg. It doesn't seem like the city folks would be their primary customers.
There are projects on that street that have taken years to complete (I'm talkin' to you, Nobu hotel). Rivian is just a tenant, so they have little control over scheduling for the overall project.

City folks might not be their primary customers but that area draws upscale visitors from everywhere. McLaren has a showroom nearby.

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9

I'm in Andersonville. There was a Jeep Rubicon parked in front of my apartment the other day. Jeep GCs with custom work, lifted pickups, and Outbacks with racks that look like they actually get used all over the place.
Sponsored