Sponsored

Charging Stations to avoid? Worth creating a list?

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
As a Public Service is it worth it to start assembling a list of charging stations to avoid - all subjective of course - but when you're traveling and you don't know areas it'd be nice to know ahead of time if stations are routinely out of order, in a less than desirable part of town, no services near by, added fees to charge cost etc.

Trip planners won't take any of this into account, and so sometimes you have to know or have inside knowledge of where to find info about stations and the areas they're in. Over the last few years I've been to some great and not so great stations....
Most recently hit the 62.5 kW Chargepoint in Virginia Beach:
3700 Sentara Way
Virginia Beach, VA
They added a 50cent per minute fee for parking and charging, bringing the per kW charge to about 80cents/kW. Avoid this station, or read and understand what they describe in cost - stupid me I didn't think 50cent/minute parking meant when charging....I thought when done charging and the vehicle was left there parked clogging the station.
Sponsored

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mercedes EQS SUV
This list would be massive and would change every day. Much better off using Plugshare and reviewing the results of the latest checkins.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

As a Public Service is it worth it to start assembling a list of charging stations to avoid - all subjective of course - but when you're traveling and you don't know areas it'd be nice to know ahead of time if stations are routinely out of order, in a less than desirable part of town, no services near by, added fees to charge cost etc.

Trip planners won't take any of this into account, and so sometimes you have to know or have inside knowledge of where to find info about stations and the areas they're in. Over the last few years I've been to some great and not so great stations....
Most recently hit the 62.5 kW Chargepoint in Virginia Beach:
3700 Sentara Way
Virginia Beach, VA
They added a 50cent per minute fee for parking and charging, bringing the per kW charge to about 80cents/kW. Avoid this station, or read and understand what they describe in cost - stupid me I didn't think 50cent/minute parking meant when charging....I thought when done charging and the vehicle was left there parked clogging the station.
That's pretty expensive
Sponsored