First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Darren Palmer from Ford was on the insideevs podcast and had some interesting information at around 40 minutes on on charging the mach e and data with EA. They have a 99.4% success rate with plug and charge now. He also had some interesting insights into how Ford is working with EA to prove reliability. Which is the point I was making the other day about benefitting from keeping EA generic. The manufacturers are pressuring EA to improve, and both parties realize they have to improve the experience.

OH! And he noted that the NE in particular seems to have more issues with EA.
Sponsored

Last edited:

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
Darren Palmer from Ford was on the insideevs podcast and had some interesting information at around 40 minutes on on charging the mach e and data with EA. They have a 99.4% success rate with plug and charge now. He also had some interesting insights into how Ford is working with EA to prove reliability. Which is the point I was making the other day about benefitting from keeping EA generic. The manufacturers are pressuring EA to improve, and both parties realize they have to improve the experience.

OH! And he noted that the NE in particular seems to have more issues with EA.
Cool post. Boo on the NE being bad : )

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I like to look at plugshare every now and then and check out charging stations on routes I would likely take on road trips. Overall EA seems to be more reliable than earlier this year, but there still seems to be a lot of issues in terms of getting slow charging speeds and stations being out of order.
Sponsored