Sponsored

Charging from the R1T Truck Bed Outlets

Scottsdale1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma & BMW
Does anyone know if you will be able to use the 110V truck bed outlets to plug in a Noco battery charger and charge an AGM Deep Cycle or Lithium Ion battery that are used in campers or RV's? Basically wondering if you could replace a gas/diesel generator for your camper trailer, with the R1T?
Sponsored

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
Does anyone know if you will be able to use the 110V truck bed outlets to plug in a Noco battery charger and charge an AGM Deep Cycle or Lithium Ion battery that are used in campers or RV's? Basically wondering if you could replace a gas/diesel generator for your camper trailer, with the R1T?
This should not be a problem at all. Assuming your charger is rated at 20 amp, that would be 240W, thus only 2-3A at the 110 outlet, So even if the outlet is rated at 15A, no problem, The camp kitchen runs off 110, and I bet it takes more power than that.

jimrichard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Toyota Tundra, 2017 Infiniti Q50
Occupation
Self
This should not be a problem at all. Assuming your charger is rated at 20 amp, that would be 240W, thus only 2-3A at the 110 outlet, So even if the outlet is rated at 15A, no problem, The camp kitchen runs off 110, and I bet it takes more power than that.
Sure should work but lets call it 120 volts !

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
Let's call it 120V if it is, indeed, 120V. It may be 110. And AFAIK no mention has been made of split phase capability i.e. 220 or 240 V. Nor of how stiff the supply will be.
Sponsored