Charging curve. Has it been documentated/displayede?

Billyk24

First Name
William
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Occupation
health care
Rivian has stated a max of 200kW during charging. For how long and at what point(s) of the state of charge? Most other EV, state a max charge value but fail to mention it is just for a short time frame. These charge curves often are sub 100kW rates for the first 80% SOC. Any news (I searched) from Rivian?

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicles
Clarity Electric
Rivian has stated a max of 200kW during charging. For how long and at what point(s) of the state of charge? Most other EV, state a max charge value but fail to mention it is just for a short time frame. These charge curves often are sub 100kW rates for the first 80% SOC. Any news (I searched) from Rivian?
They've actually stated sustained charging of over 200 kW with no recent reference to a max rate. They've also stated 300 kW charging will be coming later (and all vehicles will have this capability - OTA update?).

We haven't seen any real data.

CommodoreAmiga

Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Why do people continue to parrot that incorrect statement?

Rivian has said that the R1T/S will support a sustained 200kW charging rate. That means the maximum must be higher.

The exact charging curve has not been disclosed, yet.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Reaction score
First Name
Brice
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Technically all we know is 140 miles in 20 minutes, and then off the cuff comments from RJ. It very may well peak at something just above 200 kw, and average 190 for 20 minutes, without the ability to crank out anything more. I've always taken the 300+ in the future as other hardware iterations, but hopeful that's for the current gen. We will see.

Advertisement

Advertisement