First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X Plaid, Tesla Model Y Performance
Clubs

Agreed. Is he on this Forum?
Iā€™m sure he is, but I donā€™t know for certain. My suspicion is that he is actually an employee. Regardless, I hope he continues to make more informative and well-executed videos.

eemri

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60 Polestar Engineered
Clubs

Iā€™m sure he is, but I donā€™t know for certain. My suspicion is that he is actually an employee. Regardless, I hope he continues to make more informative and well-executed videos.
Yeah, he is an employee. He does a good job of not letting on to that fact in the videos though (e.g., he has little complaints here and there) I think he worked on some of the wheel designs. I forget how I know this but it sounds stalker-ish. :rolleyes:

Sponsored

nomis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S; Toyota Rav4
Clubs

Might be a stupid question, but has anyone tried covering your non-aero wheels with masking/painters tape to increase range in a similar sense that the aero wheel covers do? Temporarily, of course, for road trips and such....
I remember back in the day, some guys would cover the front clip of their car with painters tape for a makeshift bra/PPF on road trips.

agame32

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
Yeah, he is an employee. He does a good job of not letting on to that fact in the videos though (e.g., he has little complaints here and there) I think he worked on some of the wheel designs. I forget how I know this but it sounds stalker-ish. :rolleyes:
Haha same here I believe heā€™s a designer that goes way back and I think one of his videos showed him in one of the early company photos with RJ and other ā€œoriginalsā€. He definitely makes great content with a professional level of production (as is not surprising if heā€™s a designer). Two of his videos (Anza and MEcca Wilderness) came out right after I had been there myself and I suspect we were within a week of each other both being there. They both made me wish I shot photos and video like him. lol

agame32

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
Might be a stupid question, but has anyone tried covering your non-aero wheels with masking/painters tape increase range in a similar sense that the aero wheel covers do? Temporarily, of course, for road trips and such....
I remember back in the day, some guys would cover the front clip of their car with painters tape for a makeshift bra on road trips.
EVsportsline (I think) makes aero covers for the 20ā€ ATs. The improvement data sounded anecdotal, but maybe someone has gathered more data by now.

nomis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S; Toyota Rav4
Clubs

EVsportsline (I think) makes aero covers for the 20ā€ ATs. The improvement data sounded anecdotal, but maybe someone has gathered more data by now.
Yeah, I've seen those (https://evsportline.com/products/rivian-aero-inserts?variant=41403168260236). I'm sure its a great product, but personally for me, a little hard to justify $250 when I'm only going to use them for long road trips couple times a year. Roll of tape is like $10 and probably got about 8 wheels worth of coverage in a roll? Clearly I spent all my money on the Rivian itself so now I'm poor šŸ˜….

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

I call BS.
I can barely get 2mi/kWh on the more efficient 22's when I am babying it on 50-60mph drives. :CWL:
Just messing, great stuff!
Sponsored