Sponsored

Changed Spec and Offered Quick Delivery!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S
There will be a lot of miles covered here:

First, I have been off this forum for a while. Even though I had an 11/19 order, electing for an Explorer Max battery resulted in a 1st half 2023 delivery. Figured no sense in constant reminders that I won’t have a truck anytime soon, and much of what I would learn would be outdated by mid (late?) 2023 anyway.

Well, I recently received a bad medical diagnosis, so when I received an email for a delivery in 6-8 weeks if I changed spec to an existing build, I figured why not. I changed to Adventure Large (regular) battery.

Within a week, I received a text saying my truck arrived in the Dallas temporary delivery center and I could take delivery within a week. So much for 6-8 weeks, but I’m not going to complain about getting it quicker than expected. I;’ll actually have to wait another week due to previously scheduled travel.

Are any of these experiences common or very unusual?

Since I’ve been off the forum for about 4 months, anything I should especially look out for or expect at the delivery? I am reading the forums, but have about 3 weeks of reading to catch up so your patience and tips are very much appreciated.

I am assuming that this was a build that the original buyer cancelled, but I don’t have any confirmation of this. I am hoping it is not a demo of one type or another. I was told that it is new off the truck, and I am the first buyer on this vehicle, what ever that means.

Thanks for your tips and suggestions.
Sponsored

pfbz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T (ordered), F150, Q5, 911 Turbo(s)
They are batch-building. I proactively changed my config to match what I knew was rolling off the assembly line and got an immediate match and VIN assignment...

"Large" battery, four-motor, 20" wheels, black interior, Adventure pack, add the deleted-from-standard power tonneau cover back on.

If certain options like a light interior or AT tires are a must for someone, no worries, just be prepared to wait some additional months.

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

May be an unmatched vehicle, but sounds like it'll a new vehicle. Congrats on getting delivery. Sorry about the diagnosis. Pray for the best and enjoy the rivian once you get it.
Sponsored