Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Jeep J10 (Pickup Truck) & 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Data Analytics and Intelligence
Clubs

I have had access to the R1T Shop since Saturday, 8/13. Since then there's been pretty much the exact same three trucks available in the shop. 2 Yellow, 1 Forest Green, all with the FE interior.

I reached out to my guide because I am concerned I will lose my 1-week of access before any new trucks will show in the shop. I asked her if she could tell me exactly when I would lose access and I received the following reply:

"You can access the shop until you choose a vehicle or your preferred build is ready. If you select a vehicle from the shop and decide not to move forward, you won't get access again. Your only option would be to wait for your configuration to be built."

Does this mean they no longer rescind access to the shop after a week like they were doing initially? This makes it sound like I will have access to select a truck even if my desired configuration takes us into 2023.

Has anyone else had a reply like this? I'd hate to lose access blindly, but I really am not interested in the three available configs.
Sponsored

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
Does this mean they no longer rescind access to the shop after a week like they were doing initially?
Yes, based on the RS Stories interview with Tony Caravono, Rivian is no longer rescinding access to the R1 Shop.

OP
OP
a76marine

a76marine

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Jeep J10 (Pickup Truck) & 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Data Analytics and Intelligence
Clubs

Yes, based on the RS Stories interview with Tony Caravono, Rivian is no longer rescinding access to the R1 Shop.

Very interesting... I watched the RS Stories interviews but I missed that, thank you!

Now the concern becomes that more and more of us will have access to the store as time goes on, right? Today there may be 30 people with access and if none of them select a truck then it might be 60 people next week and before long hundreds of us are trying to snag a truck we can "settle" for before someone else gets it.
Sponsored