Sponsored

Change Delivery Location to Get Guide or Truck Sooner?

EVentually

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5, Rivian R1T
I'm currently in Seattle and have heard 🦗 as far as getting a guide despite having what seems to be a prioritized config. I have very close friends and family in Atlanta, Orlando, and NY and and am wondering if that might help me get my truck or a guide sooner. Just a thought since I noticed a good chunk of folks getting their trucks with 12/21 and later orders. We did want to road trip before search and rescue picks up, so driving cross-country back to the PNW wouldn't be much of an issue. I'd usually be fine waiting, but we're needing a car within the next 3 months and can't really hold out much longer (already debating between paying aftermarket price or getting a 4runner or something). Has anyone ever successfully done something like this?
Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Seattle was one of the first for deliveries. When in doubt, wait it out.

OP
OP

EVentually

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5, Rivian R1T
Seattle was one of the first for deliveries. When in doubt, wait it out.
My concern is that it doesn't necessarily mean they're pushing the same volume now here as they were in the past. Using my (continually plummeting) stock portfolio as inspiration: Past performance does not guarantee future results.

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

Folks who are 2021 orders getting trucks are an exception, not the rule. There are plenty of folks from 2018, 2019, and 2020 who have LE reservations still waiting.

With a January 2022 order date, you should not expect a truck until 2H2023 - anything that happens before that is gravy.

Taycanfrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Changing your delivery address can delay your order and potentially cause your reservation to be canceled if they feel you did so to cheat the system. Obviously if you've actually moved it's one thing but you should read the fine print on the preorder agreement.

Not to mention Seattle is already one of the areas with priod deliveries.

Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

based on your order date, you will probably end up waiting regardless of location. that being said, you could be one of the lucky Rivian Delivery Lottery winners also. i think thats what youre referring to seeing later orders getting their trucks. its a mystery why thats happening, though i have some theories.

anyways, as others said Seattle is one of the major cities with lots of orders and deliveries. i would wait it out. right now the SC does not have many trucks on the lot. this seems to be the pattern with Rivian. they ship a bunch out in batches, the SC lot gets full. they deliver, the lot shrinks. then theres a lull. then they ship a bunch out in another batch.

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
Let alone the fact the drivers license address has to match delivery address... Per my guide.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Let alone the fact the drivers license address has to match delivery address... Per my guide.
Rivian R1T R1S Change Delivery Location to Get Guide or Truck Sooner? IMG_20220712_205511

This is categorically false. Rivian had like 4 different addresses for me between drivers license, registration, delivery location, and home address they've serviced my truck at.

You're either pulling our legs or your guide is awful.

Aroohoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
My concern is that it doesn't necessarily mean they're pushing the same volume now here as they were in the past. Using my (continually plummeting) stock portfolio as inspiration: Past performance does not guarantee future results.
When I drove by the Bellevue service center last week, it looked like they still had a good number of trucks sitting there (not as many when they were first spooling up). So, at least from that incidental data point, things seem to be the same as a few months ago.
Now, it could be that there are all sorts of pre delivery inspection issues so they aren't delivering much and aren't taking any shipments from normal because they do t have the space...

For whatever it is worth, on my T reservation (I think that one was Oct 2021, I've moved my T and S reservations around in the hope of getting the S sooner), I have a window of July/August but I'm not holding my breath.
Sponsored