CES 2021

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
I can't find anything about Rivian from CES, but there is stuff from GM, Audi, MB, and a few other interesting topics to come.

LG and Magna EV joint venture:

GM's red EV pickup in the back of the picture:
https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/electric-chevy-pickup-buick-suv-general-motors-ces-2021/

GM's delivery van:
https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/gm-brightdrop-ev600-electric-van-ev-ces-fedex/

GM also had a flying car, a self driving car, and a teaser for the new Bolt.

Mercedes talked about their giant display:

I think Audi is later today.

There are a few random talks about future vehicle technology in general, today and tomorrow.

Anyone find any interesting content?
Sponsored

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

They have for the most part been one and done when it comes to the big events. I would not expect them at any Auto Show or Electronics trade show since their last visit.

On another note, was your 20201 a Freudian slip?? Let's leave 2020 where it came from...Haha:D

OP
OP

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
Oops, fixed it... :)

Trade shows are certainly big effort, so I could understand why they avoid them this year, with everything they have going on. Still, I'll be hoping to see some Rivians all geared up at SEMA or Overland Expo(s) at some point this year.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
GM is doing a great marketing job with Exhibit Zero.

https://www.gmexhibitzero.com/live-talks.html
I'll have to set aside some time to watch the rest of these videos. I watched the shortest one with the CMO, and I can't believe someone let her go on camera with that shirt & those shoes. If her fashion is any sign of her marketing prowess, GM is in real trouble...

Sponsored

Coast2Coast

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1981 Volvo wagn; 2006 Tacoma SR5; 2021 Toy Mirai
@skyote, I take a different view. Clearly, the CMO was well coached and rehearsed, and the delivery was well done (post production editing may have been important). So what's with the clothes and lack of jewelry?

Nothing was left to chance. All these folks are coached on what to wear, how to stand, how to present, how to appeal to the camera & audience. And women get judged differently.

So, while Mary Barra has adopted the Steve Jobs/Jensen Huang look, not every female exec can pull it off or may want to. Another option is a nerdy, geeky, what me worry look and that's what she's going for, in my opinion. Again, I doubt if this was entirely her choice. And it worked.

If someone in upper management goes on screen dressed like this, they'd better do a bang-up job and she does. The message is clear: GM is changing, out with the old, in with the new, even as traditional norms, roles, positioning and messaging are overturned.

Rivian-WI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60
Clubs

My guess is that they told her that shoes would not be seen. And so she went comfortable. I think the camera person screwed up. If they would have tightened up the shot a little bit, you would not have seen the shoes.
As for the shirt. Color is in. It is sort of bold, but she is in marketing. They tend to buck the line.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
LOL, just humor guys. Her outfit stood out to me, and honestly distracted me a bit, so I figured my comment might make 1) a few more people watch the video, & 2) some people chuckle.
Sponsored