Sponsored

metroman99

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Tesla Model 3, Chevy Volt
Yeah, really wish superchargers had longer cables. I don't supercharge very often, but when I do I usually have to end up getting back in the car and backing up a bit more for the cable to reach the port.
It's definitely going to be a problem...Best case, the R1's will have to park one space to the right, but even then I'm not sure if it will reach - may have to straddle the line?

Anyone with a truck want to give it a go to see if the cable is long enough if you're one full space over? Might get some funny looks while at it :CWL:
Sponsored

kvenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
I do find it pretty hilarious on my local owner's club all the cultists are so excited to get their CCS adapters from Korea, yet when you mention Tesla opening up their network they all become a rabid hoard shunning even the thought of it.

OP
OP
R1Sky Business

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I do find it pretty hilarious on my local owner's club all the cultists are so excited to get their CCS adapters from Korea, yet when you mention Tesla opening up their network they all become a rabid hoard shunning even the thought of it.
They'll come around....

OP
OP
R1Sky Business

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

It's definitely going to be a problem...Best case, the R1's will have to park one space to the right, but even then I'm not sure if it will reach - may have to straddle the line?

Anyone with a truck want to give it a go to see if the cable is long enough if you're one full space over? Might get some funny looks while at it :CWL:
All in the name of science

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Personally I'd rather they sell adapters for CCS vehicles than have to outfit existing chargers. The adapter would instantly open the entire network up to the purchaser.

Sponsored

Joel

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo
Personally I'd rather they sell adapters for CCS vehicles than have to outfit existing chargers. The adapter would instantly open the entire network up to the purchaser.
Agreed. I would use it in West Virginia for sure. As current CCS chargers are slim to non.

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
And the adapter could come with a 6-ft cable to solve the charge port on the wrong corner problem.

Of course it would have to be a really thick cable to avoid overheating and limiting charge speed. The Tesla cable is water cooled and obviously an adapter/ extension cord would not have active cooling.

Denver_Paulie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Porsche Taycan CT4s, '23 Rivian R1T
Meh. This is Elon Musk continuing to act like he is doing the world a favor for existing.

The current CCS charging infrastructure meets my needs - except for between Albuquerque and El Paso, and then heading north from Denver to Billings, MT. However, these gaps will be solved within the next year or so. When Electrify America's Cycle 4 phase is complete their network will have nearly the same geographic footprint as Tesla, but not the same density is certain markets.

Whatever Electrify America cannot cover while on a road trip, I can cover with other networks or a destination charger.

Finally, the last thing I want to do is hangout at a Tesla supercharger with a bunch of freakin' Tesla dip$hits who think that Elon Musk walks on water and that their Model 3 or Model Y are the greatest car ever. Your Model 3 or Model Y goes 300 miles on a charge? So freakin' what, the next charger is 180 miles away and the one after is 400 miles away, so it does not matter that your rattle trap Model 3 or Model Y can go 300 miles because it still needs to stop in 180 miles to charge.

No thank you.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Meh. This is Elon Musk continuing to act like he is doing the world a favor for existing.

The current CCS charging infrastructure meets my needs - except for between Albuquerque and El Paso, and then heading north from Denver to Billings, MT. However, these gaps will be solved within the next year or so. When Electrify America's Cycle 4 phase is complete their network will have nearly the same geographic footprint as Tesla, but not the same density is certain markets.

Whatever Electrify America cannot cover while on a road trip, I can cover with other networks or a destination charger.

Finally, the last thing I want to do is hangout at a Tesla supercharger with a bunch of freakin' Tesla dip$hits who think that Elon Musk walks on water and that their Model 3 or Model Y are the greatest car ever. Your Model 3 or Model Y goes 300 miles on a charge? So freakin' what, the next charger is 180 miles away and the one after is 400 miles away, so it does not matter that your rattle trap Model 3 or Model Y can go 300 miles because it still needs to stop in 180 miles to charge.

No thank you.
Yep. I’m never giving so much as a penny to Tesla as long as it’s Elon Musk’s Tesla.

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer

Sponsored

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
There will most likely be a premium charge for non Tesla owners to use the Supercharging network and possibly a subscription.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

This, 100%. If they can use "our" network, then we ought to be able to use "theirs". But really, Tesla needs to get with the program and change to CCS across the fleet. It was cute that they opted not to join the SAE standard when it was forming, but now it's just silly. They are literally the only manufacturer not using CCS, aside from the Leaf, but even Nissan is changing to CCS with the Ariya. We don't have Ford and Chevy gas stations...we don't need the same BS for EVs either.

OP
OP
R1Sky Business

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

This, 100%. If they can use "our" network, then we ought to be able to use "theirs". But really, Tesla needs to get with the program and change to CCS across the fleet. It was cute that they opted not to join the SAE standard when it was forming, but now it's just silly. They are literally the only manufacturer not using CCS, aside from the Leaf, but even Nissan is changing to CCS with the Ariya. We don't have Ford and Chevy gas stations...we don't need the same BS for EVs either.
Amen

SunDevil2213

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Construction Cost Consultant
"Let's go through this complicated process of making our superchargers CCS compatible" instead of, you know, just making Teslas CCS...I don't get the need for them to be different?

SunDevil2213

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Construction Cost Consultant

No thank you.
AMEN
Sponsored