Sponsored

FrankieJ

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T and Mercedes GLE 53 AMG
No the wheels don't retract. I guess as long as you place the jack perpendicular to the truck it won't move. It is designed with a fully enclosed bottom so it can sit on it's belly for offroad situations.
Did you purchase more than one puck? It seems like changing a tire only requires one. I suppose 4 would be necessary if you want the entire vehicle lifted for a tire rotation?

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
Did you purchase more than one puck? It seems like changing a tire only requires one. I suppose 4 would be necessary if you want the entire vehicle lifted for a tire rotation?
Correct, you only need one for home tire changes or a 5-tire rotation. But you'll need 4 if you want to take it to a shop with a lift for e.g. seasonal tire changeovers or a 4-tire rotation.

FrankieJ

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T and Mercedes GLE 53 AMG
Correct, you only need one for home tire changes or a 5-tire rotation. But you'll need 4 if you want to take it to a shop with a lift for e.g. seasonal tire changeovers or a 4-tire rotation.
Thanks. I am a bit reluctant to take it to a local shop for a rotation even if I had 4 pucks. The service center in Houston will do a tire rotation for $65. Service hasn’t been a problem in Houston so far but I am concerned about the wait times I have read about on the forum in other cities. As more tire options become available I may need to consider investing in 4 pucks.

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

Can you store on its side?
Ha, you've owned bottle jacks before! It's best not to store it on it's side. It is a bottle jack, so it's going to weep some, regardless.

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
I have, hence the question. Thanks…
Sponsored