Sponsored

Apple CarPlay and Android for R1T / R1S?

CalvinG

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Raptor 2017
Totally see the benefit of what Rivian is working on from an infotainment perspective. Just hoping we will have the option for CarPlay in some way. One example is having access to Waze or other advanced integrations with iPhones.
Sponsored

stank65

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Chevy Tahoe, GMC Acadia
Totally see the benefit of what Rivian is working on from an infotainment perspective. Just hoping we will have the option for CarPlay in some way. One example is having access to Waze or other advanced integrations with iPhones.
I believe it is confirmed there will be CarPlay support.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I believe it is confirmed there will be CarPlay support.
I've heard, multiple times, that there will not be CarPlay support. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

Reactions: Rad

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
I've heard, multiple times, that there will not be CarPlay support. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.
I have confirmed with CR more than once that Apple CarPlay and Android Auto WILL NOT be present.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Guys... the post you're all responding to is 18 months old and way out of date.

Sponsored

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

Last edited:

Obioban

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
e46 M3, e39 M5, e46 M3 converted wagon, i3, e60 M5
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
This is pretty much THE thing that has stopped me from putting down a deposit. Don't think I can go back to having a car without CarPlay.

Super annoying. I will not be paying for a data plan for my car, and so much functionality is left on the table by all OE systems (notifications of police locations via waze, A better route planner for better EV route planning, etc).

I don't really understand how it benefits Rivian to not support CarPlay.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

This is pretty much THE thing that has stopped me from putting down a deposit. Don't think I can go back to having a car without CarPlay.

Super annoying. I will not be paying for a data plan for my car, and so much functionality is left on the table by all OE systems (notifications of police locations via waze, A better route planner for better EV route planning, etc).

I don't really understand how it benefits Rivian to not support CarPlay.
If you haven’t already, please email Rivian [email protected] or call them at
888-RIVIAN1
Weekdays: 7 AM-8 PM (CST)
Weekends: 10:30 AM-7 PM (CST)

Let them know that the lack of CarPlay is preventing you from ordering.

They know that some of us (raising my hand) want CarPlay. A lot.
They also know we are buying a Rivian anyway so it may not carry as much weight as losing a potential customer, like you.

I’ve certainly written enough already about how it would benefit Rivian and customers to offer Android Auto and Apple CarPlay so I won’t repeat myself.

Please let them know this is an absolute requirement for some shoppers and maybe they will change their course on this.

Thanks!

Obioban

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
e46 M3, e39 M5, e46 M3 converted wagon, i3, e60 M5
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
If you haven’t already, please email Rivian [email protected] or call them at
888-RIVIAN1
Weekdays: 7 AM-8 PM (CST)
Weekends: 10:30 AM-7 PM (CST)

Let them know that the lack of CarPlay is preventing you from ordering.

They know that some of us (raising my hand) want CarPlay. A lot.
They also know we are buying a Rivian anyway so it may not carry as much weight as losing a potential customer, like you.

I’ve certainly written enough already about how it would benefit Rivian and customers to offer Android Auto and Apple CarPlay so I won’t repeat myself.

Please let them know this is an absolute requirement for some shoppers and maybe they will change their course on this.

Thanks!
Done.

... doubt it'll make any difference.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Done.

... doubt it'll make any difference.
Maybe it won’t make a difference but it can’t hurt. Thanks for giving them official feedback!

Sponsored

lefkonj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A7/Q3 R1S ordered
Clubs

I know Rivian has said not happening, not happening at launch , maybe later, or screen is too big for it...Or any other number of things but just wanted to share this image. This is the Mach-E screen, which is really large running CarPlay. It can be done it is all about software, I think it is a miss by Rivian, especially since Lucid support CarPlay as well. I hope they deliver it later, but it won't stop me from getting my R1S. Just food for thought.

Rivian R1T R1S Apple CarPlay and Android for R1T / R1S? 1637203848819

Last edited:

Rivian_Hugh_III

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Infiniti EX35
I know Rivian has said not happening, not happening at laugh , maybe later, or screen is too big for it...Or any other number of things but just wanted to share this image. This is the Mach-E screen, which is really large running CarPlay. It can be done it is all about software, I think it is a miss by Rivian, especially since Lucid support CarPlay as well. I hope they deliver it later, but it won't stop me from getting my R1S. Just food for thought.

1637203848819.png
Rivian plans to give away zero business. Zero. Why send people to Apple, when they’re developing their own vehicle? Why let Android collect the data on listening habits and then sell products to YOUR customers in your own vehicle?

Rivian will be the source for all sales in their vehicle. Since Spotify and Amazon aren’t building their own car, Rivian has sweetheart deals with both. No competitor’s product will come within spitting distance of incorporation inside a Rivian. The only possible caveat would be if the customer will pay Rivian for the privilege. And if that would annoy customers then better to not offer it at all.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Let's face it. It wasn't a miss, they won't support because it goes against their current revenue model. It would be more difficult to sell subscriptions for enhanced services if they support AA/CP which allow people to install whatever apps they want, often for free. BMW tried charging for CP itself, don't think that worked out well for them either. As a shareholder, I am somewhat concerned about the viability of Rivian's subscription revenue projections.

Last edited:

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Rivian plans to give away zero business. Zero. Why send people to Apple, when they’re developing their own vehicle? Why let Android collect the data on listening habits and then sell products to YOUR customers in your own vehicle?

Rivian will be the source for all sales in their vehicle. Since Spotify and Amazon aren’t building their own car, Rivian has sweetheart deals with both. No competitor’s product will come within spitting distance of incorporation inside a Rivian. The only possible caveat would be if the customer will pay Rivian for the privilege. And if that would annoy customers then better to not offer it at all.
Your argument goes right out the window with the integration of Amazon Alexa.

Jehorton

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
They did in fact miss IMO. Apple CarPlay should have been integrated. But this is now an Amazon company and there’s no way Bezos will allow Apple in his vehicles
Sponsored