Sponsored

hekhl00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Rivian Blue Ocean Coast Adventure Package
First, don't shoot the messenger. This was a very recent conversation with a Rivian employee when I called in for help with an unrelated issue. At the end of the conversation, I jokingly asked the rep to please push down the software that would activate CarPlay in my R1T. After a couple of seconds of silence I said "I'm joking! But please do make a note that I requested CarPlay". This is where it got interesting. The rep said that we hear you and we really want to make this happen. The rep went on to say that they are working with Apple to make sure they have all the requirements but rest assured this is a priority and that they very much want to offer CarPlay. He said we know our customers want it and we just have to make sure we can meet all of Apple's requirements.

Take it for what it's worth but I was stunned at the candor.
Sponsored

U100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
This is very encouraging! I hope they really do enable CP/AA; that would only greatly enhance already fantastic vehicles. Not to mention allow me to use Waze on a nice big screen. 😆

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Well, who else is calling in today to see if they can hear a similar story? When was this communicated, OP?

jollyroger

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3, R1T
Occupation
IT Manager
Although I appreciate the option. I'm kinda hoping they keep improving the onboard navigation system. There are a lot of hills and trails around here where I get 0 cell coverage. For sure it needs work. It routes very weird sometimes.

Even the Tesla allows you to enter an address and get routing when the LTE connection is too weak.

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I WANT CarPlay.

But I'm not getting my hopes up. Rivian isn't going to offer it.

endress14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC 90 recharge
Occupation
TBD
Although I appreciate the option. I'm kinda hoping they keep improving the onboard navigation system. There are a lot of hills and trails around here where I get 0 cell coverage. For sure it needs work. It routes very weird sometimes.

Even the Tesla allows you to enter an address and get routing when the LTE connection is too weak.

Are you saying you want to be able to navigate without cell coverage on the native navigation or on CP/AA? You don't need cell coverage for the latter thankfully, so even without integration you could always pull the directions up on the phone.

a76marine

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Jeep J10 (Pickup Truck) & 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Data Analytics and Intelligence
Clubs

What will these forums have to complain about now??

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
In my previous vehicle, I was able to seemlessly switch from OE to Carplay functionality and I'd be really happy to have that functionality again. I don't think this incentivizes Rivian to deprioritize their own implementation, I hope the whole thing gets better. It needs to for a vehicle with this price point.

Sponsored

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Yeah I'm not seeing it happening personally, I'll believe it when I see it. This comes up about every 3 months or so but then nothing comes of it

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
Top speed? Lack of wheel menu selection? Glass magically breaking when breathed on?

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Delivery timings and the great conspiracy theory of youtube channels being linked to it.

a76marine

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Jeep J10 (Pickup Truck) & 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Data Analytics and Intelligence
Clubs

Top speed? Lack of wheel menu selection? Glass magically breaking when breathed on?
Those are mild irritations, the only thing that gets folks heated around here is no CarPlay. 🤷‍♂️