Sponsored

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
The only thing worse than clickbait headlines are the people that jump to conclusions based on them.

Both vehicles suspensions can buck in conserve mode or lowest setting on bumpy roads.

But all these impressions are subjective, so stop giving them so much weight and just trust your own experiences to tell you what you like.
Sponsored

swhme

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Land Cruisers, BMW 535&335, MB 300TD, Cayenne
Occupation
Nerd
Clubs

Jerry Rigs Everything had similar comments about the S not driving as well as his T

BourboNole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Forest Green/Forest Edge R1T on 21s
It seems logical that the porpoising would be worse on a shorter wheelbase, but my R1T is already so bad in sport mode I can't imagine how the R1S could feel noticeably worse.

tosehee

First Name
Se Hee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I am more interested in the mileage.. 220 miles on AT tires? Is this serious? I thought it was close to 260 with AT and 300+ with 22..

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
I am more interested in the mileage.. 220 miles on AT tires? Is this serious? I thought it was close to 260 with AT and 300+ with 22..
I believe the initial testing was in a colder climate, which may be why they had a notably lower range.

Sponsored

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
It's ironic that Rivian shortened the R1T wheelbase because their original design concept was a two row R1S with a third row option. In hindsight a R1S XL would have sold well, and the shorter current R1S could have been added later as a demand stimulator.

The reviewer placed way too much emphasis on conserve mode. Buy a $90K vehicle and have an uncomfortable conserve mode ride to save $50/year?

jemkewl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
There were Rivian guides that did a drive of R1S and R1T to the northern most point in North America on the west coast. They were the first EV vehicles to do so. Was a 3000+ mile journey from California up through Canada. I am surprised the PR on this wasn't released yet. Maybe it was research only.

The guides switched back and forth between the T and S on the drive. Paraphrasing one of the guides - "I want the R1S to be my favorite vehicle of all time, and it might eventually be, but the R1T drives better. Over time the R1S should be tuned. "

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
There were Rivian guides that did a drive of R1S and R1T to the northern most point in North America on the west coast. They were the first EV vehicles to do so. Was a 3000+ mile journey from California up through Canada. I am surprised the PR on this wasn't released yet. Maybe it was research only.

The guides switched back and forth between the T and S on the drive. Paraphrasing one of the guides - "I want the R1S to be my favorite vehicle of all time, and it might eventually be, but the R1T drives better. Over time the R1S should be tuned. "
I'm sure many electric vehicles have driven to Purdhoe Bay.

jemkewl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I'm sure many electric vehicles have driven to Purdhoe Bay.
I don't recall the location they supposedly went, but Prudhoe is not the northern most point in North America (excluding Greenland).

Sponsored

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Tuktoyaktuk in the Northwest Territory on the Arctic ocean was recently opened by road. It might be a bit further north than Purdhoe.

Rivian also participated in that electric motorcycle documentary that started in Patagonia. But the pre-production R1T wasn't always present so it was unclear to me what was happening. They had issues charging their bikes, which would be vastly easier than arranging powering an R1T

MXA121

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Model 3
C&D said:
Our test vehicle did have an issue that no over-the-air update will fix, however: a leaky roof. After a run through a car wash, water would dribble through one of the mounts for the passenger's side sun visor and onto the seat.
Well that's normal.
I do appreciate that they report the miles as they get them - not perfect tests to target EPA numbers.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I only saw about 290 in conserve mode with the 22s, I even had the HVAC off for a good portion of the drive. I definitely saw some folks on here who got over 300, but I can't seem to crack that.

tosehee

First Name
Se Hee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I only saw about 290 in conserve mode with the 22s, I even had the HVAC off for a good portion of the drive. I definitely saw some folks on here who got over 300, but I can't seem to crack that.
Same. I have 22" as well, and I am more or less 280 miles in normal drive.

Cosmacelf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model X
Occupation
Software
New R1S owner here. I very much felt the porpoising and floaty feeling on the highway. I had to fiddle with the suspension settings and now have a set that is a lot better (comfort, stiff suspension, low drive height). I most definitely didn’t feel it in the R1T I test drove.

I am hoping a future software release will fix this because it is indeed a problem.
Sponsored