First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y and Porsche Macan
Occupation
Marketing
Good Morning! We’ve seen several of you around the Lower Cape. Our White R1T is in Chatham and would love to connect with other owners to share tips and tricks, especially when it comes to OSV thoughts.

Rivian R1T R1S Cape Cod and Islands Owners IMG_2706
Sponsored

Swilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
A Little Bit of Everything
Clubs

Colorado is taking over the Cape! We are out from Denver for the summer and will be camping starting tomorrow at Nickerson SP in our R1S. Excited to get it out on the Cape!

Btw, great plate!

Rivian R1T R1S Cape Cod and Islands Owners 9D2296F2-63AD-48E8-B563-A7DFA7D00392

OP
OP

HKMiller

First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Marketing
You’ll have an amazing time! Beware, charging is few and far between and what does exist is SLOW! We’re back in Denver now, but looking forward to getting it out on the beach in September. Let me know if I can recommend restaurants, or things to check out!

Swilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
Clubs

You’ll have an amazing time! Beware, charging is few and far between and what does exist is SLOW! We’re back in Denver now, but looking forward to getting it out on the beach in September. Let me know if I can recommend restaurants, or things to check out!
Thanks. Looking like I will just take a drive to the mall and charge up after I get the campsite settled. I know that electricity is not easily accessible at Nickerson. Have the in laws at a RV site, so maybe they will have some access. I appreciate the offer of recommendations, but this is a yearly trip as part of our yearly New England summer. My wife and I are NE natives and love getting the kids back here for the summer.
Which route did you take back to Denver?

OP
OP

HKMiller

First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Marketing
Excellent, then you are in great hands. :) We keep the car in MA and split our time between Denver and The Cape. I would love to hear about your drive out and how you find the charging infrastructure. We have a Tesla in Denver and it makes my husband nervous to drive it to Kansas City, LOL. Suffice it to say, we haven’t done long trips in either EV.

Sponsored

Swilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
Clubs

Excellent, then you are in great hands. :) We keep the car in MA and split our time between Denver and The Cape. I would love to hear about your drive out and how you find the charging infrastructure. We have a Tesla in Denver and it makes my husband nervous to drive it to Kansas City, LOL. Suffice it to say, we haven’t done long trips in either EV.
I am an EV neophyte and maybe that made me gleefully ignorant about the trip. I found day 1 through Kansas and W. MO to be stressful and ran into a whole charging bank in KS that was out of service. Made it to a 50kw in Manhattan with about 5% charge. From there, I got better at planning and chargers got a little more reliable. Took me about 60 hours including sleeping, over 3 days. I’m not dreading the return trip but may try a different route.

modea99

First Name
Maura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, Toyota Seinna
Occupation
Architect
We are picking up our R1S on Tuesday and headed to Falmouth for a couple of weeks, where we will be slow charging at our home (no fast chargers in Falmouth??). Has anyone attempted driving from cape cod to Burlington Vermont? Can it be done without a mid point charge? Thanks for your advice:)

EmPickle

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Honda Odyssey, Miata
Occupation
Geek
FYI: There's a Chargepoint charger at the rideshare off exit 83. If you like, you could charge there while you ride on the rail trail or head to the Harwich Beaches.

If you have a NACS adapter, there are some Level 2 Tesla destination chargers at Wequasett if you happen to go there for dinner or a concert.

Cooltime7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep grand Cherokee Lexus GS 350
Good morning. Just put a deposit down for an R1S. Live on the cape full time and excited to check out rivian.
Sponsored