Sponsored

Can't pick an exterior color? Here are some real world photos.

jessefive

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius Prime
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
Have there been any real life photos of Midnight?
Sponsored

protamine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LG R1S, 992 GTS
Occupation
CT Surgery
We were leaning to white originally, but both me and my spouse reacted fairly poorly to the white R1T that's in the wild. It's just too white without enough black accents.... unless maybe we get black wheels.

I keep coming back to forest green, or Rivian blue. After chatting with her last night, I suspect we're leaning forest green. Which is weird, because green is not something I usually get. Our house and cars are generally blues and greys.

Is the white a plain white or metallic? I'm guessing its a base white since it's not an upcharge color.

This pic obviously is older than dirt but the black roof on the R1S with the black lower cladding gives a great 2 tone appearance on the lighter colors. I'm 100% going 22" which I think is the best all around looking wheel (complex, shows off the brakes etc)

Rivian R1T R1S Can't pick an exterior color? Here are some real world photos. 1625055238856

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Is the white a plain white or metallic? I'm guessing its a base white since it's not an upcharge color.

This pic obviously is older than dirt but the black roof on the R1S with the black lower cladding gives a great 2 tone appearance on the lighter colors. I'm 100% going 22" which I think is the best all around looking wheel (complex, shows off the brakes etc)

1625055238856.png
I'm not sure. That's a great question for CS. :)

cwinters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pacifica Hybrid, R1S LE
I'm not sure. That's a great question for CS. :)
I believe that was answered a long time ago here, and is what the forum has been going on since. CS told someone here that White is the only non-metallic paint available.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I believe that was answered a long time ago here, and is what the forum has been going on since. CS told someone here that White is the only non-metallic paint available.
Thanks! Hadn't seen that.

Sponsored

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150, BMW 3GT
Occupation
Business owner
R1S LG/Forest very tempted to go R1T Rivian Blue/Ocean. Or R1S White/Forest.

I don't need the camp kitchen. I don't need the camp kitchen. I don't need the camp kitchen.
I am totally decided now.

Either getting Forest Green, Rivian Blue or Limestone! :cool:

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
The more I see LA Silver, the more I like it. I’ve switched from white to limestone to launch green. Maybe time for another switch.

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

My wife and I are torn. We both like Forest, Blue, and Compass Yellow as our top 3. But we like them in reverse order. I like Green, then Yellow, then Blue. She likes Blue, then Yellow, then Green. (Launch Green is just too mossy/gunmetal/baby-vomit for my tastes.)

The other problem is interior color. I like Forest Edge and Ocean Coast, she likes Ocean Coast and black. (Sorry, I refuse to have another black interior vehicle.) The problem is, I think Ocean Coast looks good with blue and yellow, and Forest Edge with green. She doesn't seem to care about color matching.

So she's willing to "give in" to green exterior, but would want Ocean Coast or black interior - and I don't know how well Ocean Coast will look with the green exterior. Currently in the configurator are Compass Yellow with Ocean Coast, but we'll see when our guide contacts us if we change our mind. (They've said color might impact delivery timing - so if one of our "acceptable" color options is available sooner, we might go for that.)
Sponsored