Sponsored

Can't pick an exterior color? Here are some real world photos.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Are you sure?

I thought that was from the video RJ took showing how flat the seats laid down in the R1S.
It was a pic posted by @Peekaboo that was deleted. The Red Canyon pic in the original post is legit!
Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Thanks for this information. I will remove those.

I didn't realize that those were from the LWU vehicles. I thought all of the older R1Ts had the rear window that had a portion of the glass that wouldn't roll down (like the Compass Yellow one which was photographed after the LWU ones). Apparently this is not the case.
Yeah, I think the LWU builds were the first we saw without the split pane. Check out Rivian's pictures here, no split pane.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Yeah, I think the LWU builds were the first we saw without the split pane. Check out Rivian's pictures here, no split pane.
In LWU they say those are literally the first two trucks built in-house. All the other early prototypes (including the yellow truck) came from the prototype shop and not Rivian themselves, even though the yellow truck did not make its public debut until after LWU was filmed. The yellow truck may even be the original silver prototype repainted or wrapped.

Sully151

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep JkU
Occupation
Theater arts
I don’t think that is the final version of Compass Yellow.

Party Mode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla x2
Occupation
Sales
Appreciate the real world pics. This helped me and my wife narrow down our color choice. Honestly I like them all! But it’s LAsilver and black mountain interior now for us. ( was white on white)

Sponsored

Cassidy_DM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda6
Occupation
Space
Man, that Rivian Blue looks so good. You'd think with all the options I've selected, paying for it would be simple, but that's where I'm going to penny-pinch. Unless I drop the max pack. Then it's time to get the blues.

hola29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I can penny pinch too...but when you look at even a $5k option on a 70-80K purchase if you keep the truck 10 years - $5,000/10/12/30 = equals less than 50% of a starbucks drink a day...and you you have the truck you want for 10 years, probably driving close to daily. Just saying ;)

Man, that Rivian Blue looks so good. You'd think with all the options I've selected, paying for it would be simple, but that's where I'm going to penny-pinch. Unless I drop the max pack. Then it's time to get the blues.

Cassidy_DM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda6
Occupation
Space
I can penny pinch too...but when you look at even a $5k option on a 70-80K purchase if you keep the truck 10 years - $5,000/10/12/30 = equals less than 50% of a starbucks drink a day...and you you have the truck you want for 10 years, probably driving close to daily. Just saying ;)
How dare you bring facts and math to this fight! :D

I will say though that I am having a hard time choosing a color in general. Most of them look so good to me. If I win the lottery, I'm getting a fleet of R1Ts and R1Ss.

LeoH

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RIVIAN R1S, Tesla S, MAzda CX-30, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Software Engineering Director
How dare you bring facts and math to this fight! :D

I will say though that I am having a hard time choosing a color in general. Most of them look so good to me. If I win the lottery, I'm getting a fleet of R1Ts and R1Ss.
I have changed the color so many times, and re-calculated my options. I really love the blue color, I think because its kinda unique. There is only so much you can do with black/white/silver, but the blue and green really standout. I do not like the green because it reminds of old torn up military vehicles, so I might not penny pinch and just get Blue.

Cassidy_DM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda6
Occupation
Space
I have changed the color so many times, and re-calculated my options. I really love the blue color, I think because its kinda unique. There is only so much you can do with black/white/silver, but the blue and green really standout. I do not like the green because it reminds of old torn up military vehicles, so I might not penny pinch and just get Blue.
I've got the Forest Green in my avatar, but I've already switched to El Cap Granite. It might be a little boring, but the recent videos on Twitter make it look sharp. I'm sure once they start rolling off the line and we get some solid YouTube time with them, I'll be able to make an "educated" decision.

Sponsored

protamine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LG R1S, 992 GTS
Occupation
CT Surgery
I cant bring myself to go green/green,

So I'm flopping between white/forest edge and forest green/ocean for the R1S. Dont think there's a lose. Its not an awful white due to the amount of black accents.

Cassidy_DM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda6
Occupation
Space
I cant bring myself to go green/green,

So I'm flopping between white/forest edge and forest green/ocean for the R1S. Dont think there's a lose. Its not an awful white due to the amount of black accents.
Forest Edge on Forest Green seems a bit much, I agree. I do think that Forest Edge looks better in the R1S than the R1T for some weird reason. Though I was playing around with the configurator at work today and now I'm thinking Ocean Coast on Compass Yellow would be amazing...

Argh!

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
We were leaning to white originally, but both me and my spouse reacted fairly poorly to the white R1T that's in the wild. It's just too white without enough black accents.... unless maybe we get black wheels.

I keep coming back to forest green, or Rivian blue. After chatting with her last night, I suspect we're leaning forest green. Which is weird, because green is not something I usually get. Our house and cars are generally blues and greys.

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
We were leaning to white originally, but both me and my spouse reacted fairly poorly to the white R1T that's in the wild. It's just too white without enough black accents.... unless maybe we get black wheels.

I keep coming back to forest green, or Rivian blue. After chatting with her last night, I suspect we're leaning forest green. Which is weird, because green is not something I usually get. Our house and cars are generally blues and greys.
White R1T definitely looks way better with the 20” black AT wheel and tire setup. That was my original config, but I’m currently sitting on Launch Green with the std 20” wheels. I won’t commit until I can see them all.

a76marine

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Jeep J10 (Pickup Truck) & 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Data Analytics and Intelligence
Clubs

Though I was playing around with the configurator at work today and now I'm thinking Ocean Coast on Compass Yellow would be amazing...
I'm currently on the Compass Yellow with Ocean Coast interior as well. We'll see where it ends up when the music stops though. :)
Sponsored