First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
Look what I spotted romming the streets of torrance today. Sorry for the crappy pics, nearly missed it. Saw it just as I got off the 405 and the light changed. Can't wait to see their pickup truck in the flesh.
Rivian R1T R1S Canoo lifestyle vehicle spotted in the wild 20210818_164034

Rivian R1T R1S Canoo lifestyle vehicle spotted in the wild 20210818_164031
Sponsored

Last edited:

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Did your camera try to resolve that wrap as a QR code and pop up a URL? ?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mcfly Rivian

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
Did your camera try to resolve that wrap as a QR code and pop up a URL? ?
If that did happen it would be the greatest marketing ever. ?

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

Honestly at this point I don't care what an EV looks like if it has 7 seats and has reasonable range and price.
This could be a replacement for my Leaf, but likely could not be our main family vehicle as the range and storage are on the low side.

I need to see car seats installed with the way they configured the seats.
Though this is not much different than some of the Toyoto Hiace vans we road around in when we lived in Uganda.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Dude, I know Canoo has some good tech, and they even helped develop the eGMP for Hyundai/Kia.

I invested in them, and they're killing me right now, after their recent earnings. I hope things get better & we see more of these on the road.

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
Caveats to my opinion: I've got pre-orders for all three vehicles, the lifestyle, the truck, and the MPDV. I also own stock.

I was a bit disappointed when Canoo moved away from the idea of a subscription-based EV and as with @skyote the stock drop has not made me terribly happy. That said, I think their vehicles have a cool design aspect that sets them apart from anything else on the road, and I think they're approaching the right segments with the right focus.

I think the lifestyle in particular will end up speaking to a more hipster-vibe adventure oriented community than Rivian. It certainly will not match a Rivian for capability, but the price-point they're shooting for should attract a younger crowd that is very interested in experiences. It seems like it will be a solid platform for OEM and aftermarket accessories/options to head in that direction.

The other major demographic will be younger family-starters. For this purpose I think the Lifestyle takes the place of minivans and larger SUVs for young families interested in EVs and tech.

I remain bullish on Canoo - I think they've got a good shot to be another EV manufacturer that makes it to mass market. Seeing that they've got test vehicles on the road is a great sign and gives me more of that confidence.... assuming I don't get a 'Lordstown Inferno' kind of story in the coming days/weeks ?

OP
OP
Mcfly Rivian

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
I'm heavily invested in Canoo and pickup truck preorder as well. The past few days have been very brutal. I still believe in them and think they will be one of the few ev startups still standing in the future, Rivian included. Seeing the vehicle driving yesterday definitely picked my spirits up.

Last edited:

Sponsored

flabyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6
Occupation
Health Care
I'm heavily invested in Canoo and pickup truck preorder as well. The past few days have been very brutal. I still believe in them and think they will be one of the few still standing in the future, Rivian included. Seeing the vehicle driving yesterday definitely picked my spirits up.
i highly doubt the stock is dropping because of the companies outlook. This roller coaster market is all about Covid and temporary inflation. Best just to hold long if you believe in them. I will definitely throw some money into Rivian when they go public

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Civic, EX-L, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

My wife's next car, although she doesn't know it yet.

Blur1t

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch, Subaru Cross trek
Occupation
Enrolled Agent
Look what I spotted romming the streets of torrance today. Sorry for the crappy pics, nearly missed it. Saw it just as I got off the 405 and the light changed. Can't wait to see their pickup truck in the flesh.
20210818_164034.jpg

20210818_164031.jpg
Damn, looks like an old VW van…