Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2023.5 Defender 110
Occupation
IT Nerd
I want it. Jay Leno got to ride in one a while back

I'm looking forward to it becoming real, it has some great potential as a large group of people mover, and they seem to have figured out the 'next gen' buyer of the current 12 -15 year olds and what they might like.

Their stock has been highs and lows though. I've been playing with putting a preorder on the 'adventure' van.
Sponsored

R_1_T

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2&4-wheeled
I want it. Jay Leno got to ride in one a while back

I'm looking forward to it becoming real, it has some great potential as a large group of people mover, and they seem to have figured out the 'next gen' buyer of the current 12 -15 year olds and what they might like.

Their stock has been highs and lows though. I've been playing with putting a preorder on the 'adventure' van.
I kind of like the truck. It should be reasonably priced, has a lot of cool storage/work features. Would be great for most of my use cases, and has just enough range to get to my summer campsite.

It's another one of those SPAC deals, so who knows what it means in the long run. It certainly couldn't be worse than Lordstown Motors.

OP
OP
Mcfly Rivian

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
Rivian R1T R1S Canoo lifestyle vehicle spotted in the wild 20211126_151334
Rivian R1T R1S Canoo lifestyle vehicle spotted in the wild 20211126_151407
Got to see the lifestyle vehicle up close at the la auto show. You couldn't sit inside but it was very impressive. The wife loved it, add one more preorder to the list. ? I've lost count at this point. I will say there was a lot of traffic around it and people seemed to like it.

LeoH

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RIVIAN R1S, Tesla S, MAzda CX-30, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Software Engineering Director
I am not sure how Children's seats are going to get installed. Personally, I do not think I feel comfortable sitting with my back to the door, accidents would be theoretically devastating.

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
Bummer about March 1, 2022.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mcfly Rivian

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
More bad news for my Ev portfolio this week. ?

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Canoo is barely a company. They only made it because of the SPAC. I'm not sure they ever deliver product. I would bet against.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Canoo is barely a company. They only made it because of the SPAC. I'm not sure they ever deliver product. I would bet against.
I think Canoo has some good ideas and may have some good tech. They are one of the startups I think is most likely to get gobbled up for patents or run by a major player as a EV brand similar to Polestar or an EV version of Scion.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
I think Canoo has some good ideas and may have some good tech. They are one of the startups I think is most likely to get gobbled up for patents or run by a major player as a EV brand similar to Polestar or an EV version of Scion.
They have good designs but the will go down as likely one of many the EVs that only made it this far because of SPACs. I think at best they get bought but more likely they fade when all their leadership goes back to working for established EV companies.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Hopefully Aptera can hang on and make it to production!

Sponsored

cardad

First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T/S, Bronco Raptor, Wrangler4xe, Ioniq5, Winbago
Occupation
insurance agent
Hopefully Aptera can hang on and make it to production!
The difference between Aptera and Canoo is night and day. Aptera has at the very least a niche market that they're going after, aka small and light, long range vehicles in sunny places with highly engineered, minimalist components. Given that you can operate it with zero energy cost they can pay for themselves which is very appealing. Canoo is going after niche markets that they don't really have any established competitive advantage in such as their 2 seater truck that they think can be a "work" vehicle with its limited range and capacity. I was able to get in and out of Canoo stock with a decent gain but I dumped it as soon as it became clear that the company was pretty clueless and anyone invested in them has a pretty high probability of losing all of their money This is one of the many companies that very clearly does not have an obvious path towards sustained existence let alone reaching production. Nikola and Lordstown are the others. Manufacturing is hard and costs a lot of money. Remember that Dyson spent $500 M to build and develop a fully production ready prototype EV and then decided it wasn't worth the risk due to the enormous cost to bring it to market and the limited demand for a $100k+ vehicle. These other EV companies are risking 100% investor funds and Dyson spent $500 M of his own money and still pulled the plug.

ESTRUCK

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt EV-Kona EV+ORDERED R1T-Canoo PU-SilveradoEV
CANOO PICKUP TRUCK ..... Just in case my Rivian is delayed another year making it 5 years from preorder date I have a deposit on the Chevy SIlverado EV RST and this Canoo Pickup Truck see review video below ....

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

ESTRUCK

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt EV-Kona EV+ORDERED R1T-Canoo PU-SilveradoEV
I really like the designs Canoo came up with. Unfortunately they seem to have dropped off the face of the earth aside from landing a contract with NASA to haul astronauts to the launchpad.
https://www.canoo.com/nasa/nasa-selects-canoo-electric-vehicles-for-artemis/

I would definitely consider that truck if they ever make it though!
I would not rely on the NASA deal. But I do think they will produce the PU which has many pre orders from articles online. I'll take a chance ... for $100 refundable

Andystroh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

After the rivian price increase disaster we put some additional deposits down… when the price when back the canoo is the only one we kept. So dorky but we love it.
Sponsored