First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch, Subaru Cross trek
Occupation
Enrolled Agent
We had a Brown VW Vanagon as a loner car for awhile. The boys loving referred to it as the turdmobile.
One of my oldest “car”memories was watching the Indy 500 behind the fence with one VW Van in the eighties with my dads friend who had an orange one! We sat on its roof to see the cars! Ugly but so much fun!!

OP
OP
Mcfly Rivian

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
I love it, I need a truck so r1t for me but I would buy this for the wife as well. But I would need a prenup for sure. She just had me place a bronco order for her. I have a preorder for the canoo truck but that's 2024 if they are lucky. Hopefully I'll have an r1t in my driveway way before that.

Rivian R1T R1S Canoo lifestyle vehicle spotted in the wild 910553

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
I love it, I need a truck so r1t for me but I would buy this for the wife as well. But I would need a prenup for sure. She just had me place a bronco order for her. I have a preorder for the canoo truck but that's 2024 if they are lucky. Hopefully I'll have an r1t in my driveway way before that.

910553.jpg
It’s quirky and amazing. It is the same feeling of attachment as the original VW bug.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

I"m not a massive fan of the exterior design. But I totally dig the interior. But I REALLY like the truck version. It doesn't look like much of an "Adventure" vehicle so I'll stick with the R1T, but I'm rooting for them.

Sponsored

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

It looks like a giant potato bug. It's not a terrible design, but given the choice between it and the VW, I'm going with the Buzz. Both have some really cool ideas as people movers though.

I think Canoo is probably the startup most likely to get acquired by somebody. They have some good ideas but I just don't think there is space in the market for them (or that there will be by the time they get a car into the public).

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
I"m not a massive fan of the exterior design. But I totally dig the interior. But I REALLY like the truck version. It doesn't look like much of an "Adventure" vehicle so I'll stick with the R1T, but I'm rooting for them.
I'm with you. I'm not a big fan of the "styling", but it's more function over form for them. I *LOVE* their lounge seating arrangement (assuming there's nothing disqualifying it from being road legal), and actually kind of like what they did with the front cockpit area. That downward visibility is nice, and it feels open.

This would be a great ride for road trips with the family.

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
The one quirk about it that I can't stop getting over is how fore/aft symmetrical it is. Without the lights on, I could see it being hard to decide if it's coming or going in a moment's glance ?

Sdvictor

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
My core problem is, where is the trunk? Thing must be tiny

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Sponsored

R_1_T

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2&4-wheeled
It doesn't need to be for most people as evidenced by the interest in the Maverick. What the Canoo does have is a unique combination of storage, cargo management, and reconfiguration potential. The overall simplicity of the design and service access to the individual battery modules is in line with their desire to further reduce operating and repair costs over the life of the vehicle. For a work oriented vehicle, these are positive attributes.

Sdvictor

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
It doesn't need to be for most people as evidenced by the interest in the Maverick. What the Canoo does have is a unique combination of storage, cargo management, and reconfiguration potential. The overall simplicity of the design and service access to the individual battery modules is in line with their desire to further reduce operating and repair costs over the life of the vehicle. For a work oriented vehicle, these are positive attributes.
For the truck, yes. For the lifestyle vehicle (rolling living room), shit will need to sit inside the passenger compartment as the trunk is TINY

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
For the truck, yes. For the lifestyle vehicle (rolling living room), shit will need to sit inside the passenger compartment as the trunk is TINY
How is that different than a SUV or van?

Sdvictor

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
How is that different than a SUV or van?
Most SUVs and vans can fit more than a single carry-on behind the rear seats. I don't like the "lounge seating" because it means that my costco run will be my kids' foot rest on the way home. " Don't crush the fucking croissants!"

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Most SUVs and vans can fit more than a single carry-on behind the rear seats. I don't like the "lounge seating" because it means that my costco run will be my kids' foot rest on the way home. " Don't crush the fucking croissants!"
Lucky for you (your kids) the croissants come in those nice plastic containers that are semi-rigid and much harder to crush incidentally.
Sponsored