Sponsored

Cancelled delivery May 12 for delivery May 18th. Expected May 25!

Mike Hunt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Got financing squared away
Insurance in place
Our daily driver vehicle sold in preparation for receiving the truck

- Cancelled

Just adding this topic for posterity on its own.

First said delivery was going to be late.
Then said there was damage and waiting for parts to be delivered May 24.

The Lost Guide has no “insight” into what is happening but can look on a “print out” if there is a replacement truck available for me.
Cannot call service center for details because well just because.

Now just playing the waiting game like a pile of others.
Sponsored

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I'd ask exactly what the damage is. If they can't tell you, I'd ask for a new truck.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Insurance in place

- Cancelled

The Lost Guide has no “insight” into what is happening but can look on a “print out” if there is a replacement truck available for me.

oof, that’s a pain
Pickup a placeholder from Dodi!

hed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Raptor, Rivian Reservation 13##
Insurance in place

- Cancelled

Sorry to hear about that Mike.

I know you've read about my experience. Seems a little suspect the story you were told is similar to my own. Perhaps it's just coincidence.

I'd just push for a new vehicle.

Sponsored

BoltEVowner

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
West Georgia, dangerously close to Alabama
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EUV, Chevy Volt, RAV4, Winnebago, R1T
Occupation
retired physician
My delivery on the 12th was rescheduled for the 21st due to an issue with a door handle...but they won't tell me exactly what that means, just a problem that needs fixing. And this is via text from the delivery coordinator at the service center. Certainly she should know more and be able to tell me, just won't.

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
My delivery on the 12th was rescheduled for the 21st due to an issue with a door handle...but they won't tell me exactly what that means, just a problem that needs fixing. And this is via text from the delivery coordinator at the service center. Certainly she should know more and be able to tell me, just won't.
Even if its just a small dent or ding and they want to go the extra mile and have the door handle replaced outright instead of touched up why not just say that? In the traditional dealer model there's many cases where damage or other issues are addressed prior to a customer's receipt of a vehicle but the whole point is 90% of the time (or more) the customer is never informed or inconvenienced. But to say there's an issue but not expand on when or how it will be resolved for such an expensive purchase seems like it would just create headaches for customer service.

Last edited:

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
Brand new R1T’s seem to be suffering from a lot of cosmetic damage during the transport process.

Citibeach

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Element
Occupation
Self
So my original delivery date was the 10th, then canceled. I didn’t rely on the Guide to give me the answers, so I drove to the Venice hub here in LA. They were helpful, and I found out it was a paint issue that needed to be fixed. I then got a new delivery date that was set for this weds the 18th, but they canceled yesterday with no details. Now tentative for the 21st. I sold my vehicle and can’t wait any longer to give it to the person that bought it. Supposedly right now my Guide is getting me a rental until my truck is delivered. We shall see.

rivian_panda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Genius, Millionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist
Same thing happen to me! I know the Rivian Fanboys... will say just chill at least you got the call etc... but that's not right we paid for a truck... we got financing done... we got insurance taken care off... we sold our current vehicle...

May 16 delivery as well... May 13, maybe cause it was Friday the 13... cancelation call. Guide said and I quote "Vehicle and Vin is not longer able to be delivered". Guide found me a new Truck and now trying to get it to me... no ETA on Delivery date saying This Friday however... nothing is scheduled. My Loan is canceled... I'm on Preapproval for a new loan but i'm worried about the interest rate if they cant get me a truck it might go up.... my 60K DOWN PAYMENT STILL IN THE PROCESSION OF RIVIAN....

The part that angers me is they can't tell me what happen to the original Truck.... I sold my car and now I'm taking lyft to work...

All in all not a great buying experience... whole thing could be avoided if they just start the 8 step once they have the green light that the Truck is ready to go at the service center..... Losing faith slowly every single day.

Sponsored

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
Man, it's pretty clear they need to make 2 big changes to the buying process:
  1. Do not take money or require insurance coverage until the vehicle is 100% ready to be delivered. This prevents most of the larger issues we've seen.
  2. Increase transparency while the vehicle is being built, shipped, and inspected (when possible). This helps reduce the complete void that happens after you lock in your order and before the 8 steps opens.
Maybe there's other things that can be done, but taking customer money for undelivered (or undeliverable) vehicles really needs to stop.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Man, it's pretty clear they need to make 2 big changes to the buying process:
  1. Do not take money or require insurance coverage until the vehicle is 100% ready to be delivered. This prevents most of the larger issues we've seen.
  2. Increase transparency while the vehicle is being built, shipped, and inspected (when possible). This helps reduce the complete void that happens after you lock in your order and before the 8 steps opens.
Maybe there's other things that can be done, but taking customer money for undelivered (or undeliverable) vehicles really needs to stop.
To be fair to Rivian, I think buyers are about as culpable for #1 as Rivian is by trying to rush through the process as quickly as possible. It's understandable why people are excited and that folks have been waiting for a long time, but a litlte bit of patience and deliberation on the part of the buyer could probably alleviate some of this. That said, Rivian could absolutely put gates as well.

NorskBoy

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500 diesel, sold the BMW
Occupation
Contractor
Insurance in place

- Cancelled

I’m in the same boat. I paid in full for my truck on may 9th. I just canceled one truck that was here in Bellevue and switched to a different truck (different color) the is still in Normal. Oh well. The pain of being an early adopter.

BoltEVowner

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
West Georgia, dangerously close to Alabama
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EUV, Chevy Volt, RAV4, Winnebago, R1T
Occupation
retired physician
Even if its just a small dent or ding and they want to go the extra mile and have the door handle replaced outright instead of touched up why not just say that? In the traditional dealer model there's many cases where damage or other issues are addressed prior to a customer's receipt of a vehicle but the whole point is 90% of the time (or more) the customer is never informed or inconvenienced. But to say there's an issue but not expand on when or how it will be resolved for such an expensive purchase seems like it would just create headaches for customer service.
I don't even know if it is an exterior door handle, or interior door handle, but according to the delivery coordinator in Atlanta, "it is now perfect", but cannot deliver before this Saturday. Only 3 more days!

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I don't even know if it is an exterior door handle, or interior door handle, but according to the delivery coordinator in Atlanta, "it is now perfect", but cannot deliver before this Saturday. Only 3 more days!
Well at least things are looking promising. There are always things that pop up but sometimes Rivian seems like they try to do things on hard mode.
Sponsored