Sponsored

Canadian orders - June 2022 update to delivery windows

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
the SEC filing that stated as much - goal is to get application for Transport Canada approval by Sept.

Also, check the ? in your account. Do you have a Guide assigned?
It’s possible they have their application in(and/or approved)sooner. Approval is not a long process.
Sponsored

Skigh

First Name
Skigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
^^^

Headingley

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5 35d
Occupation
Surgeon
I have a July-Sept R1S delivery window. I got the email a month ago stating that updates for my window would happen in two weeks. I tried chat today to find out why I hadn't received an updated window. The chat workers are aware that not everybody has been updated. They were hopeful it would happen soon.

I'm not sure what is wrong with Rivian...they have been criticized for poor communication in the past. In an attempt to address this they hire a communication director that writes an email to tell pre-order holders that an update will occur in two weeks...then miss their own deadline by two weeks and counting. How hard can it be that....you miss your own deadline?

Sheesh.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have a July-Sept R1S delivery window. I got the email a month ago stating that updates for my window would happen in two weeks. I tried chat today to find out why I hadn't received an updated window. The chat workers are aware that not everybody has been updated. They were hopeful it would happen soon.

I'm not sure what is wrong with Rivian...they have been criticized for poor communication in the past. In an attempt to address this they hire a communication director that writes an email to tell pre-order holders that an update will occur in two weeks...then miss their own deadline by two weeks and counting. How hard can it be that....you miss your own deadline?

Sheesh.
The lack of any kind of update is super frustrating.

I‘ve asked and they said everyone will be getting an update “by the end of summer”. Asked them if they meant Illinois summer, or southern California ”summer”(infinite). They said by late September.

Had no information specific to Canadian preorders.

So we’ll see.

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
I am really hoping they make an announcement in the upcoming quarterly report. It will confirm if Rivian is on track to meet their November time lines for Canada.

If they are silent on this one, then we can expect another delay for Canada.

Sponsored

alisdair1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
So, I don't know if this was a fluke, but last night I was checking my account page (for what seems like the millionth time now) and noticed something. There was a fourth menu option, a cog or gear icon, directly underneath the R1T icon that I've never seen before. The alt-text when hovering over it said 'Events' or something like that. When I clicked on it the page errored out and STAYED errored out for a good 30 minutes.

When I checked again this morning, no more gear icon. Like it never happened.

Maybe Rivian is gearing up for events in Canada?

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
So, I don't know if this was a fluke, but last night I was checking my account page (for what seems like the millionth time now) and noticed something. There was a fourth menu option, a cog or gear icon, directly underneath the R1T icon that I've never seen before. The alt-text when hovering over it said 'Events' or something like that. When I clicked on it the page errored out and STAYED errored out for a good 30 minutes.

Considering you are in BC, that might* be a good sign!

aAlpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, 4Runner
I'm in BC, nothing on my account. Though my account is still showing USD, so maybe it's broken somehow.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

I've seen the little calendar icon appear for a matter of a second or so and disappear. Apparently it's a page element that is hidden/shown based on some variables, so it may show up when the page is still loading.
Sponsored