Sponsored

Canadian EV incentives/pricing/taxes

LoneI2anger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Might apply to some people but if the vehicle is purchased for business use theres the ability to write off $55,000 at least. Normally only interest payments can be deducted. Will have to look more into this as we get closer!
Sponsored

OP
OP
aAlpine

aAlpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, 4Runner
Welp. With today's price increase, the my config is over the 125k mark, so including the change from 15->20% total sales tax, the price increase is $24k! :oops:

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
Yeah, I can't stomach this price increase myself. And cannot justify it. So many better options for this price in the market. with many more to come.

My configuration will add up to 130K before taxes.
With 13% HST and the new luxury tax, I am looking closer to 150K.

That is a ridiculous and unfathomable price for this vehicle. So, for all my Canadian brethren, you will be pushed up by 1 when your time comes.

Last edited:

kvenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
We got totally shafted because none of us are even close to deliveries so no locked-in pricing.

westwinter

First Name
West
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep GC SRT, Porsche Cayenne S, Nissan GT-R
After the preorder price increase debacle I logged in to check to see if the price was reduced. I'm still seeing the increased price for my R1S ($123,000) versus the original price ($108,000). Anyone see the original preorder price yet?

Sponsored

OP
OP
aAlpine

aAlpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, 4Runner
Not seeing a change here. I'm not worried, it will just take at least a few days for systems to be updated to be able to support customers with both old and new prices (post March 1st), and also be using the new option/trim selections (dual-motor, not automatically included tonneau cover).

Thinking more about pricing and taxes (as I'm sure many were with the temporary price increase), I'm really hoping that Rivian will accept vehicle trade-ins in Canada. This can help push down the price over these tax hike barriers, or just plainly be be worth it on a vehicle this expensive versus getting a few extra thousand for a private sale.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
After the preorder price increase debacle I logged in to check to see if the price was reduced. I'm still seeing the increased price for my R1S ($123,000) versus the original price ($108,000). Anyone see the original preorder price yet?
It’s going to take a few days at least. Imagine being the website team, just finally having rolled out the new configurator and….oh. Have to make a separate version for everyone who ordered before March first.
oof.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hi, Any one looking sale their R1S or R1T Launch Edition reservation in Canada? Please DM me.
Thanks,
Andy
Stop spamming every thread!

mtw777

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf R
In light of the new federal climate plan, I hear the next budget (due later this spring) will have a reworked EV incentive program that is designed to include more expensive vehicles (read: SUVs and trucks). Should be interesting to see if the Rivians will be eligible.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
In light of the new federal climate plan, I hear the next budget (due later this spring) will have a reworked EV incentive program that is designed to include more expensive vehicles (read: SUVs and trucks). Should be interesting to see if the Rivians will be eligible.
It would certainly be nice if they were. Might help take the edge off a little!

Sponsored

mtw777

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf R
Still wouldn’t expect anything over 5k, but it’s better than nothing. They still might not raise the bar high enough (especially with the post Mar 1 pricing) but we’ll see.

Rivy

First Name
Rivy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LX570
Afternoon Canadians... Can anyone share the CDN Launch edition pricing within the config? Is it $97,250 CDN?
Sponsored