LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

well, my Fezzari Wire Peak (L) e-Mtb is 81" long so won't fit... disappointing to be honest. ?

Rivian R1T R1S Can your bike be mounted over the R1T bed? [Bike Fitment Guide] IMG-2402
Sponsored

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
this 70” limit will cause me to drop the bike racks from my configuration. I’ll keep the hitch mount rack I’ve already got.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

69", by the skin of my teef! We'll see how it actually fits though. I think I'll get the racks separately, after the truck is in hand, when I can easily return if it doesn't look/feel right. I'm keeping my hitch mounted Thule T2 classic until then.

Jer

First Name
Jer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X Performance, Tesla Model 3 Performan
Occupation
Job Optional
Thanks for these details. Well that’s a bummer that it is not possible to mount >70” ebikes on the rack over the bed while towing a travel trailer. Can’t imagine putting them over the cab (just imagine the range of that configuration). Might be able to hang them over the tailgate as shown, although will loose ability to close the tonneau and utilize a secure space for other items. Will be keeping my 1up Heavy Duty hitch rack for when just needing to transport bikes.

wicked2112

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & CrossTrek
Occupation
Warranty & Product Integrity Manager - Yakima Racks.
Clubs

Sponsored

Crudestmass

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Chevy Volt
Occupation
Firefighter
My 2018 Pivot Mach 6 (27.5" wheels) is 76" long. I would suspect that most modern full suspension mountain bikes will be too long.​

SteveInBend

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 El Cap R1T
Occupation
Retired
Well, I've got 4 < 70" and 3 > 70" in our stable. MTN bikes are all too long. The road, gravel, and ebikes will fit.

Rhbecker3

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon ‘09
Was hoping my Hightower would fit but it’s nowhere close to 70”. Looks like the kuat trio roof top rack is a good option but requires removal of the front wheel

Sully151

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep JkU
Occupation
Theater arts
RJ can’t even put bikes on the truck he created.

This is the one thing that kind of bugs me and may make me think about the R1S. If I am going to have to put a hitch rack on the back, I may as well have room for my dog and kids.

Sponsored

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
Well, I saw the thread before and didn't think much of it. Then I got the email and decided to measure. So it's a no-go. Going to drop the two bike mounts from my order. Maybe they'll come out with some different bike mounts in the future. I definitely don't want to mount them over the cab. A tailgate cover might be OK, but often need bed space for other stuff. Have a hitch-mount bike rack that can be configured to hold 2 or 4 bikes. Works great, but adds a ton of drag. Looks like we'll be sticking with the hitch mount for now.

PostMinivanDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Pacifica PHEV, 23' 3 row Model Y

Blur1t

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch, Subaru Cross trek
Occupation
Enrolled Agent
Because it won't fit the other way, the cross bar is too close to the back of the cab with how the mount is designed. I have one of these mounts on my polestar 2 right now, you can't adjust where the front wheel sits.

I also have a 1up rack, which does offer that sort of adjustment, but it requires extra hardware to work with smaller bikes.
What if you put the front wheel up against the back window and secure the rear one with let’s just say zip tie or strap, I think it could still work, they don’t recommend it because the way it’s designed would wear out the adjuster on the front with constant rolling and potentially loosing the bike, but if one were to secure the rear wheel and keep it from being able to roll or slip I think it might just work. Of course, this is all a theory, but I’m planning to do it anyway and will report…. ?

Dman250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma, Transit plus a few more, all ICE
We use either a 1Up hitch rack or a tailgate pad with our current pickup which has a 5’ bed, so that’s longer (but probably a tad narrower than the R1T. Personally, I don’t really get the over the bed racks for pickups, though they may offer advantages for some uses. While they free up a bit of bed space when bikes are loaded, it would seem that they also block access to the bed for large items. Whereas with the tailgate pad, it’s easy to stuff a lot of smaller bags around the bikes. And we can easily transport up to 5 bikes with the pad. On long road trips we usually use the hitch rack since the bed is full, and we can cover our gear with our soft tonneau. The 1Up tilts down easily, and at least on our truck allows the tailgate to be fully lowered even with two 29’ MTB’s with modern wide bars on the rack. A third option we use is a board with fork mounts inside the bed, and front wheels removed, but I don’t think that would work in the shorter R1T bed.

Sully151

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep JkU
Occupation
Theater arts
Honestly, the more I think about it, the more it bums me out.

It’s sad that this is a design feature that they are touting for their adventure rig, but a lot of people won’t be able to use it.

I am barely 6’ tall. My gravel bike is only a 56cm and it might fit or it might not. My HT won’t fit because it has a longer wheel base due to its slack head tube. This is the way of a lot of trail bikes.

Sure, I could open the tonneau cover and hang a wheel over the tail gate, but that sucks to have to open the tonneau cover every time I want to drive to a ride. And what if I am on a trip and have stuff stored in the bed.

A hitch rack is fine, but makes the truck even longer and you either have to keep it on or take it in and off when you want to ride.

Is what it is and I will either deal with it or move to the R1S.
Sponsored