Can Rivian sell direct in NC?

Autolycus

Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Actually, that looks like Augusta, Charlotte, and Wilmington to me.
Definitely looks like Augusta, GA and Charlotte metros. I wouldn't be surprised if the "Charlotte" location ends up being on the reservation outside of Rock Hill, SC.
Advertisement

thrill

First Name
billy
Reaction score
First Name
billy
Vehicles
i3s, z4m, hp4, (r1t)
Definitely looks like Augusta, GA and Charlotte metros. I wouldn't be surprised if the "Charlotte" location ends up being on the reservation outside of Rock Hill, SC.
When I think about it, Lumberton, NC makes more sense to me as it's at I-74/I-95.

CommodoreAmiga

Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
I'm just hoping that map isn't an indication of Rivian's navigation capabilities!

I was thinking the Greensboro area would make more sense as a base to cover Charlotte and the Triangle, but the Charlotte one and South Hill one make decent sense. Maybe it's really South Hill and Fort Mill as they're making better headway into getting a service center in SC than in NC.
Unless you could have only one location, I don't think Greensboro makes sense. Trying to be "in the middle" really just means making it inconvenient for everyone.

MattCanesR1T

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicles
Audi S7
Occupation
Director Software Quality
Cross posting from other thread:

So I never heard from my local (Wake) NC senator/representatives about did get a response from Jeff Jackson's legislative assistant:

MattCanesR1T,

I have passed on your considerations concerning EV adoption to Senator Jackson. He is open to considering such options, and will discuss them with his colleagues. Thank you for reaching out.

Alexander Crespo

OP
OP

BigE

First Name
Eric
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicles
Acura MDX, Honda S2000, Tesla Model Y
C20740A0-4D05-4510-AC1F-9B3314902701.jpeg

From the video posted today for the IPO they had this service center map. Since rivian can’t operate service centers in NC or SC it looks like they are planning something. The north dot looks like maybe south hill VA area, which is only an hour and change from Raleigh. The lower two I can’t figure out.
I saw that last night. Yes, looks like Charlotte and maybe Lumberton, NC off I-95 where the dot on the right side is.

OP
OP

BigE

First Name
Eric
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicles
Cross posting from other thread:

So I never heard from my local (Wake) NC senator/representatives about did get a response from Jeff Jackson's legislative assistant:

MattCanesR1T,

I have passed on your considerations concerning EV adoption to Senator Jackson. He is open to considering such options, and will discuss them with his colleagues. Thank you for reaching out.

Alexander Crespo
My good friend is also my NC Representative. He met with Rivian's people. Most likely after the New Year, we'll need to get a bill in process for the short session to allow Rivian to sell & service in NC.

Lysdexic

First Name
Scott
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicles
Model X 04 Tundra 15 JKUR 04 Jeep TJ
This is encouraging. How do you know they are making head way for a service center in SC?

I am north of Charlotte and still apprehensive about purchasing a R1T with no service capabilities close by.

nc10

Reaction score
Vehicles
Outback
Occupation
Engineer
... for vehicle pick up and servicing it seems that it would require the buyers that reside in states not authorized for direct sales to travel to a state where they are authorized to sell.”

So no, no servicing will be allowed unless we are able to change the current law.
To the best of my understanding, SC is similar or worse, won't be an option for NC residents. Is that your understanding?

OP
OP

BigE

First Name
Eric
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicles
To the best of my understanding, SC is similar or worse, won't be an option for NC residents. Is that your understanding?
I don't know first hand but have heard that yes, SC has a strong dealer associate that is not excited about Direct Manufacture sales. I did share with Rivian the idea of partnering with say the Catawba Indian Nation in Rock Hill, SC, and also with the Cherokee's in NC as that would be a possible option.

Advertisement

Advertisement