Sponsored

Can Guides still make changes after you lock in your configuration?

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I locked in an R1S and December and want to change it to Standard+ battery and change the color. I emailed my guide (who is now different than the guide I had when I got my R1T) and he basically said I can use the R1S shop to change my configuration. Problem is they don't have any Standard+ dual motors available right now. So wondering if my new guide has any idea what they are doing or not.
Sponsored

srnyoung

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 eGolf, '04 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Occupation
Teacher
Clubs

When you lock your configuration, you put your S in the build schedule. They have an SUV on the production line, or finished, that matches your requests. You can't change it because it's already the color you agreed to buy.
If you ask to change at this point, they'll put your vehicle in the shop and bump you to the back of the line, or into the shop to buy whatever you can find.
If you want something that wasn't available in December, you'll probably have to wait a few months for someone to reject the S they configured that matches your desires so that it ends up in the shop (like you are doing.)
Hope that helps!

NJDevFan30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium ER, '19 Highlander Hybrid
Clubs

I called my guide about doing the same. Configured in October.

She said the standard batteries aren't yet configurable, including std+, and won't be until the summer. She seemed to imply that so long as you're not scheduled for production, changes are possible, but changing to the std isn't possible at this point because of the timeframe. To get a standard she said to keep an eye on the shop.

golden_frog

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
You can ask to put your vehicle on hold and buy one from the shop. Your config will show up there soon enough

dduffey

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla M3, Tesla MY
This was early 2022 so things may have changed, but I got a call from my guide to confirm my options. I assume they could have made a change of I said so at that time.

No harm in calling and asking, sooner rather than later.

Oyabro

First Name
Oury
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Fixing technical things for simple people
Rivian R1T R1S Can Guides still make changes after you lock in your configuration? Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 3.20.46 PM

Here is my pre-locked in config prior to December. No option to reconfigure to new Standard battery options.
Sponsored