Sponsored

Can a Canadian purchase their Rivian in the U.S.?

OP
OP

huskylord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subie
Depending on how long ago that money was set aside, having it invested in Tesla may have paid for your Rivian. That is coming from someone who, sadly, missed that boat a long time ago.?

Luckily, my holdings in G.E. are keeping my income taxes down. So I've got that going for me, which is nice...
For a second I thought I read GME, and then pictured quite a wild ride.

At least it was good to get the Canada forum going again......now just need to see a Toronto showroom announcement from Rivian!
Sponsored

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
https://www.mtllcservices.com/?gcli...HPGqK3PdgtRAnX06mUlSm1GiKDIHd9YwaAn5KEALw_wcB
This could be advantageous for Canadian and even U.S. buyers. I'm not an expert just know it's a thing.
Just be aware that if you are doing this solely for the purpose of evading sales tax and the vehicle will not primarily be located in MT, this is illegal. I’m not judging anyone who wants to attempt this (many do and get away with it). Just wanted to make sure people are aware that it’s illegal and your local tax authority may take issue if they see a truck with MT plates in your driveway all the time.