Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander, Audi Q7
Occupation
Construction Executive
Clubs

My same thoughts…doesn’t matter the direction as you have drawers on one side and cooktop, etc on the other…just have a self locking mechanism for that door and your fine.
I believe the decision to put the stove/sink on the forward side is due to the Dometic induction stove existing dimensions and the geometry of the gear tunnel. The slanted vertical face of the front of the gear tunnel follows the incline of the rear seats. The back of the gear tunnel is vertical to allow for a vertical face in the bed. The combination of these two things create a geometry where the front face (slanted) is longer than the vertical face. The stove would not fit on that face unless Rivian had another 3rd party option for a narrower one or they custom made one (not worth it).

Also, I think I read on a prior thread that the truck door doesn’t automatically lock but you can lock it from the inside. My plan is to just stick a 2” long slit piece of black hydraulic hose on the edge of the sink as a bumper if I think there will be an issue.
Sponsored

Last edited:

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
What I wouldn't mind seeing is some type of form-fitting protective cover/poncho type thing to put over that side of the vehicle to help deflect any possible grease/oil splatter on the truck for cooking that close to the vehicle.