Sponsored

Camera upgrades from Rivian?

Would you like Rivian to offer a hardware upgrade of the cameras?

• Total voters

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
Given the poor quality of the R1 cameras (made particularly conspicuous by the recent dashcam feature), would you like Rivian to offer a hardware upgrade of the cameras?
Sponsored

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
Given the poor quality of the R1 cameras (made particularly conspicuous by the recent dashcam feature), would you like Rivian to offer a hardware upgrade of the cameras?
The quality isnā€™t poor per se. It could be post processing etc thatā€™s limiting the final resolution. Also, upgrading just the cameras may not work. We donā€™t know what processor requirements that would introduce and what Rivianā€™s processors are capable of.

Biturbowned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜20 Model Y, ā€˜22 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

It seems fine enough to me, but if Rivian wanted to offer higher quality at a price, so much the better, why not?

NoGoingBack

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, R1T
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

They could improve the front camera view by de-warping it like they do if you hit the cameras button. The quality of that view was improved a few updates back. They could improve drive cam further by getting a view from the windshield cam if itā€™s possible. Since that cam is used by driver plus it may not be. But who knows. Dash cam is a version 1.0 app. Iā€™m hoping they can improve it some with future updates. The fact that they improved the front camera view on the camera views gives me hope they can improve it for drive cam.
Sponsored