Sponsored

"By the end of May" communication

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
The Email on 4/29 said:

And as a reminder, we plan to share refreshed delivery window estimates with all preorder holders via email in the coming weeks.
It seems they covered their @sses by phrasing it ”in the coming weeks” didn’t they?

That phrasing was used in the April 25 email. So it’s been close to four weeks. Anyone want to make a sincere guest what Rivian’s def is for “the coming weeks?” Mine is 2-8 weeks.
Sponsored

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
This email was followed up on 4/29 and had some slightly different info including:

”And as a reminder, we plan to share refreshed delivery window estimates with all preorder holders via email in the coming weeks.” This is not what the 4/25 email said.
I just double checked and the 4/25 email does state “In the coming weeks, we will email updated delivery estimates to all preorder holders.”

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
So if this is what they said

"For preorder holders with a delivery window in 2022, we will be reaching out in late May to gauge your preferences and help further inform our build combinations."

I would advise everyone to
1. Expect the earliest they REACH OUT (not add a feature to the website for you to play with different options) is June.
2. You will NOT get a call from Rivian about configurations in late May...maybe 6 people will in early June, but you definitely will NOT...and there will be 10 threads here with people whining about not getting contacted in late May
3. This only says they want to confirm what you build will be...not that you will get a more specific delivery date. This is to help them improve output, not get you a better delivery window (at least judging from the email contents).

With that said, on May 30, there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth here when everyone hasn't been contacted by a Guide and told how every configuration change alters their delivery date down to the hour.

It's a messed up world people, let's all expect nonoptimal results.
***IF IF IF*** Rivian reaches out to me ”gauge your preferences”, I’m certainly not expecting a phone call. At best, it will be an email with a link to an online survey. Will be pleasantly surprised if it happens before June.

hilld

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Cooper SE, Z4, X1
I think they said MAYbe. ;)

I actually had a chat with them about this exact issue a couple of days ago and the person told me a couple of weeks.

jollyroger

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3, R1T
Occupation
IT Manager
It seems they covered their @sses by phrasing it ”in the coming weeks” didn’t they?

That phrasing was used in the April 25 email. So it’s been close to four weeks. Anyone want to make a sincere guest what Rivian’s def is for “the coming weeks?” Mine is 2-8 weeks.
I would assume anything over 4 weeks would be "in the coming months" but Rivian seems to have a guide book that none of us have access to that has an "interesting" glossary section

Last edited:

Sponsored

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
I just double checked and the 4/25 email does state “In the coming weeks, we will email updated delivery estimates to all preorder holders.”
Are you confusing this with the 4/29 email? This is what the 4/25 email says:

”We ask those preorder holders with a 2023 (or later) delivery window to sit tight for now but know that we intend to provide you with more clarity this summer as well.”

The quote you included above is in the 4/29 email we received.

RivnSoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5, ZHP, R1T, E36 M3
Occupation
Tax payer
So the thing about notifications about delivery- yes, it causes lots of negative emotional responses for sure!
But also some of us really count on having the R1T. I absolutely need a truck, I also need a fuel efficient commuter. I have free charging at work; I can buy a TM3 or I5 and an ICE truck and not worry about it. The R1T is both in one vehicle, so yes, it would be very nice to know when can I expect it...
Being a new start up is tough, but let's communicate, manage expectations, and not turn off die hard customer base that actually need the vehicle vs "need the latest and greatest tech/model/brand" for status

ranieri

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90 T8
Occupation
photographer, real estate agent
I'd like to suggest a rank choice questionnaire of option choices. It could either help people get their vehicles quicker...or just further complicate an already screwed up and seemingly nonsensical vehicle placement system.

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
Are you confusing this with the 4/29 email? This is what the 4/25 email says:

”We ask those preorder holders with a 2023 (or later) delivery window to sit tight for now but know that we intend to provide you with more clarity this summer as well.”

The quote you included above is in the 4/29 email we received.
@virgnia_rivian I just TRIPLE-checked.

On 4/25, I received an email from Rivian with the subject line “Updates on customer deliveries” that has the sentence “In the coming weeks, we will email updated delivery estimates to all preorder holders.”

To help you find that sentence, I’ve attached a screenshot with the phrase highlighted
Rivian R1T R1S "By the end of May" communication E7279474-F4D8-4CF5-86B3-4FEE65C5E74F

Sponsored

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Any hope that this would actually happen is rapidly evaporating as the holiday weekend approaches.

At this point it will obviously be an email at best.
Sponsored