Sponsored

Buying Rivian Insurance; What's your experience?

EricT

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma 1999
Looking to transfer my insurance from The Lizard-Based insurance to Rivian's. How has YOUR experience been with buying R's program?
Sponsored

BuzzL8ghtYears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
I didn't go with Rivian, after getting the quote they were about 1200 over what I would pay with my current insurance provider. Though i did hear some people got good rates.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Mine was great. They were about the same as Allstate for all of our policies while swapping and ID.4 for the R1T.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
My experience was the rep was awesome, but the rates wern’t. I wanted to be able to switch, but it did not make financial sense to do so. Rivian has built a good team; if they could get an underwriter who was rate-competitive in my area, they’d have a winning combination.

The J-Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2020 BMW X5 M50
Rates were about $1200 per year higher than my current carrier, but the quote process was easy.

Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Echoing others, close but no cigar. Great people and convinced me to bump my current coverage even though I didn't switch. They beat USAA on my home, cabin, VPP, firearms, and umbrella, but couldn't beat the vehicles.

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

I just did a quote and was surprised that it was about $100 cheaper for six months compared to my current insurance provider. Moreover, I'm able to add more coverage, new car replacement, and lower my comprehensive deductible while still coming in slightly under my current insurance.

PastyPilgrim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
The rep I spoke with was very helpful. He also told me that Rivian is working towards offering reorder prioritization for Rivian insurance clients (i.e. if your R1T is totaled you wouldn't go to the back of the line if you wanted to replace it with another Rivian) which would be a strong perk to consider while Rivian is so far behind on orders, but this isn't a perk yet.

Ultimately I decided to go with my existing insurance though since I had an impending delivery and could more easily add the R1T to my existing policy. It was also cheaper but there isn't a self-service tool to play with policy parameters to find a price that you're happy with though, so it's possible that it could get closer in price with more policy tinkering.

One question I couldn't get an answer on though was how the R1T would be valued at claim time; would it be based on purchase price (i.e. the discounted pre-Mar 1 price) or the value that Rivian actually ascribes to them now.

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

My experience with Rivian (Allstate) insurance was excellent. Saved me about $1,800/yr for (3) vehicles, house and umbrella.

Teddy184

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60
Occupation
retired
Looking to transfer my insurance from The Lizard-Based insurance to Rivian's. How has YOUR experience been with buying R's program?
Have a 2019 Volvo XC60 T5 Inscription and a 2022 mazda CX5, Got a Geico quote for a R1t adventure and the Mazda. Very full coverage and I was happy to see that my premium went up $110 a year. In Massachusetts if you have a clean driving record, Geico is great. Can't remember the exact number because I don't have the truck yet. The Mazda logs about 1,000 miles a year. I'll put 10,000 on the truck. The combined premium is in the $870 range annually. I know this sounds very low but I was paying $760 for the Volvo and the Mazda. I cut my premium in half when I switched to Geico.
Sponsored